Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I happy to bring you another community spotlight! This time around the spotlight is on @Anonymous. Choegyn joined the O2 community this year has has quickly become a regular face around the boards and has provided us with a fantastic Microsoft Band review as part of Try the Tech. 

We've asked a few questions to help you all get to know Choegyn better so say hi and feel free to ask any follow up questions. wink

What's your name and where are you from?

I'm Steve and I am from Bury, Lancashire

Favourite thing about the forum/what do you like best?

The best thing about the forums is everyone helping each other, also usually there is always someone willing to chat gaming

Why did you join the O2 forums?

I joined the forums because I switched over from Virgin, also I used to work for O2 in their Bury Call Centre on customer service for the old Genie Sims back when I was a wee nipper, all young and dumb with all my own hair, and I thought I would see if some of the knowledge I retained was still up to date and of use to anyone

Which mobile phone did you first own and why?

My first mobile was a present of my parents back in 1998, it was on orange on the Just Talk plan, and it was an big Motorola, best thing about it was the plan as the name implies it was not intended for texting, and this phone kept the last text you sent, had to delete it everytime you went to send a new one. Anyway to stop you from sending the texts they weren't billing you for the essentially sent 160 spaces, delete them and free texts for about 15 monhts. The aerial did tend to stick you in uncomfortable places if you forgot to take it out of your pocket before you sat down though.

mom3788b.gif

Apple, Android or Windows?

Firmly a windows user, I have for me a Lumia 950, and I love it, syncs with my desktop, laptop, xbox, tablet and who needs aoos when you can just access a website. Also to be honest I have a samsung s6 for work, dont use apps on that either.

Favourite movie/TV show/actor?

This is not a question I can answer, my list would run several pages - lets just say sci-fi and leave it at that

What are your tastes in music?

As above, but if we get some Zappa or some ACDV going Im a happy man 

Do you have any pets?

Do kids count? I do I have three cats, they were meant to be the childrens but soon they got sick of feeding, cleaning, emptying the litter tray and since the canal was a bit of a walk I decided to keep hold of them for a while. 

Cats or dogs which is better?

Neither, I never wanted pets, however I would be tempted to adopt a dog in the next question, where he would be my early warning system.

What is your zombie apocalypse plan?

First, you need the right location, I am thinking farmhouse and moors, I intend to ram raid the library, get books on farming and animal welfare, after all I have no useful skills unless the zombie wants its taxes doing. Then we have to setup a lot of big walls and fences, become my own little self sufficient world, might take the Mrs and the kids, but Clara from Dr Who might need somewhere to hide...

Favourite meal?

I love a curry the award winning Jewel in The Crown do a cheese tika, start with that add a mixed kebab starter for two and additional shami, the main is usually a chicken karahi, wash down with dark ale and a couple of rennies to polish off.

Future developments in mobile tech your looking forward to?

At the minute I am awaiting some more AR to become involved in life, I know Google glass never took off, but hololens is looking like a good shot and witht eh advent of games supporting it, popular usage is just around the corner. Hopefully they will also make it compatible with my presciption 

Hobbies besides mobile?

Well noly a few of these as I have two children under two so they take up a lot of time, I am involved in local politics, I am currently working towards getting the conservative nomination for local councillor in the Unsworth Ward of Bury South, I coach an under 9s football team (Bury FC Jrs Hawks) aside form this I decided I wanted to expand my horizons so I am doing a part time history degree. Other than this it is Xbox, bit more Xbox, pontificating on ales, and then some Xboix

Awesome stuff thanks Choegyn! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have Skye, she is a two year old pure bred Bengal, then we have Tenant and Ghosty, they are the kttens of Skye and some random tom from down the road. The funny thing is I was there not only for their birth but for their conception, Skye was a house cat, we never let her out, she escaped one day,so me and the big and ugly eldest went chasing out after her, just in time to turn a corner and explain how the horrible tom from down the road was "attacking" skye...

Message 11 of 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I have a most underused (by me) gamer tag, actually.

Oh....Zipped My mistake.....lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

We have Skye, she is a two year old pure bred Bengal, then we have Tenant and Ghosty, they are the kttens of Skye and some random tom from down the road. The funny thing is I was there not only for their birth but for their conception, Skye was a house cat, we never let her out, she escaped one day,so me and the big and ugly eldest went chasing out after her, just in time to turn a corner and explain how the horrible tom from down the road was "attacking" skye...

I love Bengals. I have 3 cats...all moggies. Bugsy 18, Gizmo (ginger) age 6 and his sister Lily a torty....who hates Gizzy with a passion....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous you have made me lol LOL

I will Google what a Bengal cat looks like Cat Happy

@MI5 is your much underused gamer tag ... erm MI6 ? tongue 

Message 14 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Erm no, lol
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Image result for bengal cat

Bengal cat from Google ... how beautiful they are Cat Very Happy

@Anonymous I have 1 cat Marty, ginger / white (10)

Message 16 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am actually allergic, but didn't realise until after Skye was here for a while, so to teach the kids that you cant just give away pets when they make your eyes itch I put up with it.
Message 17 of 30

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I am actually allergic, but didn't realise until after Skye was here for a while, so to teach the kids that you cant just give away pets when they make your eyes itch I put up with it.

Nice lesson @Anonymous and Welcome 

Good spotlight. 

No cats here, but a very nervous border collie currently hiding as fireworks going off .. Don't get me started on that!! Confused wink x

giphy-3
Message 18 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous you've told us you are from Bury ... may I ask you a question please ? Many years ago I lived in Castleton, a district of Rochdale, & used to go on the bus regularly to Bury outside market, I particularly remember the black pudding stall ... Is the market still there ?

Message 19 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Market is still there they rub coach tours now from other parts of the country.... Just don't get it. There are two black pudding stalls, chadwicks and bury black pudding co. Whichever one you go to don't forget the piccalilli
Message 20 of 30