Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

It's the end of another week and we have another community spotlight! This spotlight is on @ComaChameleon! ComaChameleon joined the forum back in 2012 and has a big presence in the off topic section. 

We have asked a bunch of questions to help everyone get to know them better. As always feel free to ask any follow up questions wink

What's your name and where are you from?

I'm Anna, from Heinsberg, Germany (near Cologne)

Favourite thing about the forum/what do you like best?

Everyone is helping each other and trying to find a solution for people's problems. Aswell as the nice other members!

Why did you join the O2 forums?

Because I'm totally London-addicted and spend much time there, so I got myself a O2 UK Card to keep in touch with friends and to check up news etc. About the card and tariffs I had some questions and got them solved here. Smiley Happy

Which mobile phone did you first own and why?

My first one was a Alcatel One Touch easy... It was from my parents, but somehow I used it more often. After I got myself a Nokia 3310 - my first own one, it looked awesome and I fell in love the first time I saw it. I loved how you could change the case and get a another (looking) mobile by just some simple moves. My parents said I could get it - but I had to pay it by myself. After I won an art-contest, it became mine. The mobile number from that Prepaid-pack is still in use today.

Apple, Android or Windows?

Apple, all the way! I like the metal-bodies and the valuable-feeling materials aswell as it syncs with my iPad(s) and sharing calenders with my family. It's just clever and easy to use. 

Favourite movie/TV show/actor?

Oh... Gosh... I have so many! Doctor Who and The Vampire Diaries are my favorites at the moment. But (one of) my favorite actor is Gary Oldman, he is just fantastic!

What are your tastes in music?

Another hard one.. I love Green Day, my fav of all times, so I love punk-rock, rock. I love Robbie Williams aswell, so it's Pop. But another side I love is Gregorian, gregorian chant meets pop/rock music. So it's a very wide choice.

Do you have any pets?

Sadly not :'( I'm friends with a couple who breed Parson Russell Terriers, their dogs just love me, so when they're in vacation I take one of their dogs. We wanted to get one too, but due to my shiftwork and life circumstances a dog wouldn't fit into my life at the moment. One day we'll get one, for sure!

Cats or dogs which are better?

Dogs!

If you could have a conversation with any famous person, dead or alive who would it be and why?

I guess it would be Billie Joe from Green Day. He is a very interesting person and we have some things in common and it would be cool to talk about the thoughts and problems came up then.

What is your zombie apocalypse plan?

I guess it would look a bit like Simon Pegg in "Shaun of the dead"... I never thought about that topic. I saw some dead people in my job and it was ok, but never thought they could move again..

Future developments in mobile tech your looking forward to?

Waterproof mobiles and battery-charging-circles like the 3310 Smiley Very Happy

Hobbies besides mobile?

I joined the voluntary Fire Dept back in 2001, since then I joined the HazMat Unit aswell as I'm an instructor for our Youth Dept and work at our administrative desk.

Greets Smiley Happy

Awesome thanks for taking the time ComaChameleon! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144140 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

Hi Anna.

Great to see you in the spotlight Bouncy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 23

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Wow Anna....so much better to know your name than @ComaChameleon

I'm sort of connected to Germany as my youngest son lives in Wedding, Berlin which I've visited on numerous occasions. I think I know nthe S-bahn and U-Bahn backwards now! Very happy memories and the German people are second to none for friendliness and helpfulness.

It's good to know a little more about you slight_smile

Message 3 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122789 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi Anna....(Though to me... you will always be Coma as it's such a brilliant name)

Great to read more about you, I knew you were connected to the emergency services from conversations we have had before.

Ps I love Greenday as well. Great band x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 23

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Good to learn more about you @ComaChameleon

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ComaChameleon

Hi Anna, I used to be stationed in Germany, near Niederkrüchten, which isn't too far from Heinsberg. Germany was easily the best posting of my career, and I'd go back there tomorrow.

I'm just waiting for my numbers to come up on the lottery  wink

Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's a question for you Anna:

Altbier or Kölsch?

Looking at your avatar, I think I know the answer wink
Message 7 of 23

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hiya Anna,

Great spotlight, and pleased to meet you 😃
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

One more question Anna:

You say that you're "totally London-addicted", but can you tell us more about your addiction? Thoughful

Are you perhaps a shopaholic, or maybe an avid theatregoer? (I recently saw 1984 in the West End, and it was brilliant).

Message 9 of 23

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Aloha ^^

@jonsie

friendly and helpfull? Maybe to non-Germans, but I felt better helped in UK grin

Berlin is nice, was there twice, it's a very interesting, never sleeping city. And the first place someone wanted to sell me some weed (x'D really.. I was kinda shocked).

@Cleoriff

Yeah, I am - tomorrow I'll start my new job wink

And Green Day is the best ever. I so love them *-*

@Anonymous

Yea, Niederkrüchten is nice, much trees and ... trees grin (County) Viersen is very green and calm.

We had another british base here too, in Wildenrath, do you know it aswell?

Kölsch, all the way. I love Cologne (even working there isn't fun)

London... I avoid the tourist-spots. Never saw Madame Tussauds, never was on London Eye... I like the spots a normal tourist doesn't see. Like I travelled to Chesham (such a beautiful little village!), or Cutty Sark (I love to sit there in the evening in summer and just relax, seeing the Thames, the skyline from the Docklands). This summer I visited the Golder's Green Crematorium and it's Columbarium (that wouldn't be possible here to have).... Things like that. The everyday stuff slight_smile

@ all others thanks for the welcome wink

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 10 of 23