Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight: Martin

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

As many of you know, we regularly spotlight great members of the forum to ask them some questions and find out more about the person behind the avatar wink

As we did one for me last year, I felt it was time to spotlight my lovely colleague @Martin-O2. So, lets find out more about Martin!

What’s your name and where are you from?

My name is Martin (clues in my user name Smiley Wink) and I'm from a town called Watford just north of London. 

Favourite thing about the forum/what do you like best?

It's got to be the people on here and their willingness to help. Even when there is a new user with a simple question you guys are always ready to jump in and help and that's awesome! 

Why did you join the 02 forums?

Its kinda hard to do my job without being on the forums so I signed up day one Smiley Very Happy

Apple, Android or Windows?

I've been an Android man since making the move to a smart phone. I like the extra freedom you don't get with apple. 

Favourite movie/TV show/actor?

Film – A really tough one, not sure if I can single one out but my top 3 would have to be The Shawshank Redemption, Total Recall (schwarzenegger version of course) and Die Hard which is IMO the best Christmas movie ever! 

TV Show – Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Stargate and Star Trek and pretty much all sci fi shows. 

Actor – Leonardo DiCaprio has been smashing it the last few years so I think he gets my vote for now. 

Who's the most famous person you have met?

Danny Dyer. He was rather drunk and gave me a hug which was er, nice I suppose Smiley Indifferent

Do you have any pets?

Three lovely cats! A boy and two girls. 

Cats or dogs which do you prefer and why?

Gota be cats for me, most likely because I've grown up with them since I was a baby and have never had a moment without a moggy in the house. Would love a dog too but don't have the time ATM so it would be unfair on the dog to leave it alone all day. If I ever get one it will be a Shiba Inu breed. 

What is your zombie apocalypse plan?

Stock up on melee weapons and try to make alliances with the neighbours for mutual protection. If it got to hairy I'd head for the coast and try to commandeer a boat. 

Favourite meal?

A good curry. Got to be spicy! 

Future developments in mobile tech your looking forward to?

Still a good few years away but I'm really excited about holographic displays. I love the idea of having a screen projected in the air above my phone. 

Hobbies besides mobile?

I love watching movies and TV shows. I'm also a big gamer, currently working through Uncharted 4. I like to keep fit too. Oh I can also juggle but haven't done so in a while but it's like riding a bike, you never forget how. Smiley Wink

Thanks Martin! Great to find out more about you :). Feel free to ask Martin your own questions below.

Do you want to be spotlighted? Send myself or Martin a message any time and we can have a chat about it.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Although a reply via pm would be OK. ....

Are you sure ? wink

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 22 of 28

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Although a reply via pm would be OK. ....

Are you sure ? wink

Not one bit....:smileywink:

Message 23 of 28

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Haha I can't believe you've never tried creme brulee @Martin-O2 😂

It's yummy, and obviously should be served cold but immediately after blow torching the sugar and letting it harden!!

Message 24 of 28

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

A natural response is always a winner ! Smiley Very Happy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 25 of 28

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:
Haha I can't believe you've never tried creme brulee @Martin-O2 😂

It's yummy, and obviously should be served cold but immediately after blow torching the sugar and letting it harden!!

OK nice I'll definitely give it a try next time I see it on the menu and report back! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 26 of 28

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@Martin-O2 demand it's served cold though 😛
Message 27 of 28

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@gindygoo I shall insist! 

signature

Message 28 of 28