Did you mean: 

Community Spotlight - JVH_61

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

As many of you know, we like to shout about this community and all of you lovely lot who spend lots of time here slight_smile

This week is no different and I'm happy to say that its @Anonymous's turn! We asked him some questions in order for everyone to find out a bit more about the man behind the name. So without further ado, enjoy!

What's your name and where did you come from?

I'm John, I was “created” and dragged up in Liverpool. I lived there until Michael Heseltine in the 80’s told me to get on my bike and find work as I became redundant. I lived and worked in Manchester until 2013 when I moved to Rainhill (near Liverpool) as the song goes back to my roots…

What do you like to do in your spare time?

I enjoy up keeping my Koi Pond, great in summer boring in winter… I also enjoy watching (now too old to play) football where my preferred team is Liverpool (not too much fun when living in Manchester)!

Why did you join the O2 Community?

When I joined the O2 community I was after help (as most of us do), I found this to be a really good place and I am expanding my knowledge base reading the advice given, hopefully will help people in the long run.

What's your favourite thing about it?

The people are great and the advice is really good. Also people who use the community do not give sarcastic answers to silly questions. Everyone is treated with respect.

What was your first ever mobile device? 

OMG the Nokia 6110…………………..

What is your favourite word?

Need to be polite here J  has to be “HOLIDAY” do love my holidays

What sound or noise do you love?

The KOP singing You’ll Never Walk Alone

Which person (living or dead) would you like have a conversation with and why?

Billy Joel, although I love heavy rock and classical rock. BJ has been an in my music life since 1978(ish) his life has been interesting and varied, his song writing amazing and his attitude to life and love of music second to none. I saw him in concert for the first time this year and he blew me away. LEGEND

What is your favourite book?

I have read all the Discworld books they were all as good as each other Terry Pratchett was another LEGEND

What is your favourite sport?

Football with Cricket as my close second. I was distraught when I stopped playing them both…..

Do you have any resolutions for the New Year?

2017 sees me moving to a new job in a new company so my resolution is to succeed at the role and help the company meet their goal of being a World Class Manufacturer

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Wave

Great spotlight, @Anonymous! I'm interested, what does a Koi pond look like? I'm imagining something like that in my 1st floor flat and it's probably not the same as a normal fish tank...

Nokia 6110 brings back memories. I think the 5110 was my first. slight_smile

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo wrote:

Wave

Great spotlight, @Anonymous! I'm interested, what does a Koi pond look like? I'm imagining something like that in my 1st floor flat and it's probably not the same as a normal fish tank...

Nokia 6110 brings back memories. I think the 5110 was my first. slight_smile

Thanks @Marjo was fun putting the spotlight togethe. Here is a picture of the pond, not a good one as I don't have one with me at the moment as not in my house. I built it above ground and it has a mesh pyramid to stop the damn Heron Crazy 

I did like the Nokia 6110 was 99% for calls and txt with snake or something as a game. Happy Days Cheers

2016-07-20 16.23.03.jpg

Message 3 of 17

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Wow they look the size of huge salmon! Shocked

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo wrote:

Wow they look the size of huge salmon! Shocked

I will not go hungry Bouncy

Message 5 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Welcome

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 17

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Nice spotlight John, nice to know a little more about you, though I could have done without the Liverpool FC connection.

Strangely enough I spent quite a few years playing cricket round that neck of the woods when I played for Leigh around 25 years ago. Like you my first love is football and whilst I played for the town team, I was much better at cricket, brought up in Radcliffe and played for the juniors where we were coached by none other than Sir Garfield (I'm still dining on the story about when I bowled him out with a peach of a ball that pitched leg and removed the off stump!!)

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @jonsie I did say I was dragged up Astounded

I would be dining out on that for the rest of my life! There will not be a lot of people who can say they playes against and took Sobers wicket! Living in Manchester I played for Swinton Mooreside, very friendlt small club great times.I did not live too far from Radcliffe in Prestwich

John

Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Why, what's up with LFC tongue ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 17

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Why, what's up with LFC tongue ?

You have to be from Manchester to fully understand LOL

Message 10 of 17