Community Movie Night - Arrival

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

jeshoots-com-PpYOQgsZDM4-unsplash.jpg

Hi everyone!

Welcome to our fifth official Community Movie Night! 

This month's theme was Sci-Fi movies and tonight is finally the night - After you have been voting for three days the decision has been made for Arrival and I hope you are ready for some extraterrestrial energy among us (counting the UFOs as we speak) 👽

How does it work? Well, as always we will all gather here tonight at 8pm and simultaneously start watching the film. The comment section will give us the opportunity to then discuss on the who's and what's of the film whilst watching it. The film itself is readily available on Netflix (direct link here), so we hope a lot of you can join but feel free to get involved even if you only have Arrival on a Blu-Ray or another streaming service hugging

Looking forward to seeing you back here at 8pm, with your popcorn at the ready, steady, watch!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 83
82 REPLIES 82

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@TheresaV wrote:

@pgn wrote:

Time to work together, and listen to the whales. 

Interesting. Food for thought.

Thank you for organising it.

Food for thought in what sense @pgn joy

A lot of it was grey and/or misty - even the scenes inside the ops/command tent were dim. I think it begs another watch, in light of the scenes at the end. And was that a Nobel Awards Ceremony at the very end?

Message 81 of 83

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes it appears so for the book she wrote after the event. If I'm honest, it wasn't my thing. The flashbacks to her daughter gave it away that her daughter was in the future. 'Hawkeye' left her because she told him the daughter would die.

Not so much a linguist as a fortune teller. joy

It did receive rave reviews apparently. Amy Adams received much critical acclaim for her role.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 82 of 83

RunrigForever
  • 2079 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A correction to my post number 74 on 30.07.2021 at 21:56 on page 8

Rememberance Day film should read Independence Day film

Havn't watched a film in a long time ..... this really fit the bill so-to-speak

The leading actress was outstanding

@MI5 Super 8, just as a film title told me nothing about the film itself ..... until you mentioned Spielberg

My first Community Movie Night ... and ... looking forward to the next slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 83 of 83