Community Movie Night - Arrival

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

jeshoots-com-PpYOQgsZDM4-unsplash.jpg

Hi everyone!

Welcome to our fifth official Community Movie Night! 

This month's theme was Sci-Fi movies and tonight is finally the night - After you have been voting for three days the decision has been made for Arrival and I hope you are ready for some extraterrestrial energy among us (counting the UFOs as we speak) 👽

How does it work? Well, as always we will all gather here tonight at 8pm and simultaneously start watching the film. The comment section will give us the opportunity to then discuss on the who's and what's of the film whilst watching it. The film itself is readily available on Netflix (direct link here), so we hope a lot of you can join but feel free to get involved even if you only have Arrival on a Blu-Ray or another streaming service hugging

Looking forward to seeing you back here at 8pm, with your popcorn at the ready, steady, watch!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 83
82 REPLIES 82

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

@TheresaV Glad you clarified "Arrival" as I had a awkward moment thinking it was "The Arrival". Which isn't that bad even to this day. Then again, you are talking to an avid Sci-fi B-movie fanboy! Don't worry, the films are worlds apart (couldn't resist that sci-fi pun).

Hahhaha well worded @sheepdog! I actually didn't realise there was another one but luckily @Cleoriff made me aware that it might be a bit confusing! Thanks for the heads up guys and can't wait to see the real Arrival later sweat_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 11 of 83

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@RunrigForever wrote:
Pleased Arrival is to be tonight's Sci-fi movie.
It remains to be seen if the community's resident Feeble Old Git can get the tech together to take part hahaha.

If you watch it on your computer you can access it directly via the above link @RunrigForever, and otherwise you can just type in Arrival in the search bar on Netflix and it should be the first film to come up! It's the 2016 film if that helps clearing it up wink

signature

Message 12 of 83

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Just back from Croods 2 in the local socially-distanced cinema, looking forward to joining this later, as it is a 12 😎
Message 13 of 83

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Time to crank up Netflix here...
Message 14 of 83

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Netfix cranked...

cup of tea by the side...

The countdown begins to Community Movie Night.... yahoo

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 83

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Really looking forward to this one guys! Loading up the old Netflix as right now cool

signature

Message 16 of 83

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And GO!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 83

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Lets do this! laughing

signature

Message 18 of 83

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

SO EXCITING

signature

Message 19 of 83

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

It's scary how panicked people get when sth like this happens

signature

Message 20 of 83