Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colours In Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the sixth in the series of Challenges.

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

COLOUR IN LYRICS CHALLENGE

Below is an alphabetical list of colour-related words which appear in officially released Beatles songs.

The Challenge is to find which word appears in which song, or songs.

Hints/clues:

Some words appear in more than one song. In such cases, the number of songs in which the word is in is shown in [x].

Some songs contain more than one of the words on the list. In these cases, you need to find each word and post each answer in a separate post.

Note: you are not looking for other colour-related words which may be in the lyrics of Beatles` songs but those in the list. Should you find any of the words in songs not on my list, as in the previous Challenges, I will re-check my sources and give my verdict with an explanation as to my decision

No "live" recording; BBC sessions; Polydor records; bootlegs; unreleased tracks.

Rules:

Please, no googling, wiki, social media, iplayer, youtube, personal record collection [e.g. album sleeves] in search of the answers. Of course, listening to songs is permitted.

You may submit one answer for one word in one song per post - not two or more songs where the same word appears - and can only post one answer per day.

Each entry should be submitted as  [colour-related word] in [name of song it appreas in].

This Challenge will open at 11pm tomorrow [Monday 13 May] when you can submit your first answer up to 11pm Tuesday, when the first results will be announced.

On each subsequent day/night, answers can be submitted after midnight until 11pm.

The list of colour-related words is given in the next post.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 409
408 REPLIES 408

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Mmn, we could be here weeks joy

Gotta few butties and a couple of cans ready then @jonsie ?

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 401 of 409

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Well I am Beatled out for tonight FGS.....rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 403 of 409

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I'm sure you will think of something.....rofl

Oooo err, what @jonsie@Cleoriff claims she gonna "slack off" being fastest finger first Confused

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 405 of 409

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I'm sure you will think of something.....rofl

Oooo err, what @jonsie@Cleoriff claims she gonna "slack off" being fastest finger first Confused

After all the Beatles tracks I've listened to and written on my ever faithful list,  I'm so tired... I may well be in bed for 10pm Lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 406 of 409

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 407 of 409

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not at all. Had enough of listening. Got into bed and before I read a chapter of my new book, I was asleep. sleeping

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 408 of 409

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 409 of 409