Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colours In Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the sixth in the series of Challenges.

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

COLOUR IN LYRICS CHALLENGE

Below is an alphabetical list of colour-related words which appear in officially released Beatles songs.

The Challenge is to find which word appears in which song, or songs.

Hints/clues:

Some words appear in more than one song. In such cases, the number of songs in which the word is in is shown in [x].

Some songs contain more than one of the words on the list. In these cases, you need to find each word and post each answer in a separate post.

Note: you are not looking for other colour-related words which may be in the lyrics of Beatles` songs but those in the list. Should you find any of the words in songs not on my list, as in the previous Challenges, I will re-check my sources and give my verdict with an explanation as to my decision

No "live" recording; BBC sessions; Polydor records; bootlegs; unreleased tracks.

Rules:

Please, no googling, wiki, social media, iplayer, youtube, personal record collection [e.g. album sleeves] in search of the answers. Of course, listening to songs is permitted.

You may submit one answer for one word in one song per post - not two or more songs where the same word appears - and can only post one answer per day.

Each entry should be submitted as  [colour-related word] in [name of song it appreas in].

This Challenge will open at 11pm tomorrow [Monday 13 May] when you can submit your first answer up to 11pm Tuesday, when the first results will be announced.

On each subsequent day/night, answers can be submitted after midnight until 11pm.

The list of colour-related words is given in the next post.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 409
408 REPLIES 408

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

COLOUR IN LYRICS CHALLENGE

73 ANSWERS TO FIND - 20 COLOUR-RELATED WORDS - IN BEATLES` SONGS

WORDS [in alphabetical order]:

BLACK...................... [6 answers]

BLUE....................... [16 answers]

BLUES....................... [3 answers]

BROWN.................... [5 answers]

CLEAR....................... [1 answer]

COLOUR.................... [1 answer]

DARK........................ [5 answers]

GOLDEN.................... [2 answers]

GREEN....................... [5 answers]

LIGHT......................... [7 answers]

MULTI-COLOURED.... [1 answer]

OPAQUE.................... [1 answer]

ORANGE.................... [1 answer]

RED............................ [2 answers]

SCARLET....................  [1 answer]

SHADE....................... [2 answers]

SILVER........................ [4 answers]

TANGERINE............... [2 answers]

WHITE....................... [3 answers]

YELLOW.................... [5 answers]

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 409

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

You got me singing yellow submarine now joy 

Message 3 of 409

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Poppysmum wrote:

You got me singing yellow submarine now joy 

Hi @Poppysmum 

Now that`s part of the fun. The regulars all do that, play and sing along to the songs. Anyone who takes part can do that - it`s googling, wiki or youtube searches for lyrics and answers which is not allowed.

Please come and join us. The Challenge doesn`t open until tomorrow at 11pm, so you have plenty of time to look at the list. Then see if you can think of a Beatles song with that word in it. But don`t post it until after 11pm tomorrow.

If you want any advice please ask and I`m sure the regular players will give you a few tips on how to play. It`d be really nice to have a new player join us.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 409

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Do you mean it opens 11am ? I will be asleep 11pm .

I will have to think of some Beatles songs and start singing them .

I wasnt a big Beatles fan so cant see me doing much good but i got one so might get more. 

Message 5 of 409

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Poppysmum wrote:

I wasnt a big Beatles fan so cant see me doing much good but i got one so might get more. 

Sorry for confusing you.

The Challenge will open at 11pm tomorrow night. But you don`t have to post straight away. Although a couple of regulars do give an answer that late, others post an answer during the day.

You can post anytime during Tuesday daytime or evening up until 11pm.

I am really pleased that you have an answer and will be joining us.  Welcome and have fun.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 409

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Poppysmum wrote:

Hey @Poppysmum I admit to being a big Beatles fan, saw them live twice when I was still in New York. 

But I bet you know quite a few Beatles songs, probably some you don't even realise you know, if that makes sense.

It's surprising what you can remember when you put your mind to it.

Anyway, do think about it and we'd be pleased to have you join us and play along. It's good fun and we do have a laugh. Hope to see you as part of the gang.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 409

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo Love It!!!!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 8 of 409

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Looks great  @Mi-Amigo wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 409

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Thanks , I am with you now @Mi-Amigo got to remember to post before work tuesday or it will be after work slight_smile

Message 10 of 409