Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coffee break is almost over

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I wanted to mention that I've been on a break from coffee for almost 60 days now. Just as a challenge to myself (which amuses me) to see if I can do it. I'm a huge coffee drinker normally. Next week Saturday is the 60th day, and on Sunday I can finally enjoy a wonderful cup of strong black coffee again!

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

At first I had headaches every day for about 2 weeks, but that's pretty much it, apart from having coffee-related dreams sometimes. I've been having black tea instead every day. And it feels like it's never quite right or enough! open_mouth When someone has a cup of coffee at the office, I usually go and sniff it deeply...

So after next week Sunday I will most likely be in an exceptionally good mood. grin

Have any of you tried the same with anything? Coffee, cigarettes, sugar, alcohol....? How did it go? grin I know @viridis is doing his no-cash challenge this month!

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I've tried them all over the years, cigs, coffee, whiskey, women, food....just makes you sad ultimately...

Message 2 of 43

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
I haven't had coffee or alcohol for over 8years...

I do however have decaf tea / fruit tea and decaf coffee
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

my new years resolution is to build a velcro wall......i'm determined to stick to it!

Message 4 of 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

You are a better man than I am Gunga Din LOL

http://www.kiplingsociety.co.uk/poems_gunga.htm

....it's the only line I can remember D'oh!

Message 5 of 43

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

Do you have green tea @madasaf1sh?

Message 6 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo wrote:

@madasaf1sh wrote:

Do you have green tea @madasaf1sh?

I have de-caff Yorkshire Tea ... doctor's advice as my hands shake due to side effect of some of the tablets I take ... no jar of coffee in the house for years, but I drink a milky latte when out in town & have proper tea when out too ... I could not drink green tea when I lived in the Emirates, but now drink fruit / herbal teas at home ... have to give up chocolate = doctor's advice, so no more scoffing a big bar of Galaxy ... but ... going on my Gran's saying = anything in moderation will do you no harm ...= ... I'm having 1 chocolate from my Christmas stash after lunch & tea ... I don't like depriving myself ... I've never smoked & again am not supposed to drink but 1 G & T on the quiet is in order sometimes ... Cheers

Message 7 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I dislike coffee with a passion...so giving it up is no hardship for me at all. Smiley Very Happy

However....if anyone tried to get me to give up tea...(two teabags and 3 spoons of sugar)  would make me very angry indeed...Drum wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 43

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Dont think i could give over drinking coffee .

I dont drink tea and am used to people telling me their tea is yuk when i make them one LOL

Message 9 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poppysmum you've made me laugh :smileylol

With me, I ask my visitors 'How do you take your tea' ? ... = ... meaning weak, medium or strong + a little milk, medium or milky ... then there's the sugar = level, rounded or heaped teaspoon(s)

Otherwise it's usually like dishwater LOL

Message 10 of 43