Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Level 8: Talented

'City killer' asteroid narrowly misses Earth, astronomers only spot it 24 hours before

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/asteroid-just-misses-earth-city-killer-asteroid-2019-ok-came-closer-to-...

Scary stuff

Current tech used:
Nokia 5 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 1 38 Mbps Down/9 Mbps up,
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)
Topics: 547

Re: 'City killer' asteroid narrowly misses Earth, astronomers only spot it 24 hours before

Scary stuff indeed. I'm not altogether sure I have the utmost faith in 'spaceships nudging' a meteorite capable of causing an extinction event.

Highlighted
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

Re: 'City killer' asteroid narrowly misses Earth, astronomers only spot it 24 hours before

@jonsie wrote:

Scary stuff indeed. I'm not altogether sure I have the utmost faith in 'spaceships nudging' a meteorite capable of causing an extinction event.

I'm with you @jonsie on that one. Spaceships 'nudging' an asteroid: yeah right tongue winking

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb