🎄 Christmas trees 🎄

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

One of the staples of this season is undeniably the Christmas tree 🎄

For some households it's a tradition to go and pick up a fresh tree, for others it's opening the box and putting the re-usable one up for another spin, or simply going around town to see friends', family's and city squares' trees. Whether it's your own proudly-decorated tree, or a beautiful one you've passed seen out and about, why not share it with us?

I'll kick things off by sharing my own this year- it's my first real tree, and it's potted so we'll be able to plant it in a garden once the holidays are over which is really sweet:

Image from iOS.jpg

Let the Christmas-tree sharing begin! smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Im in the Black Dog at the moment and there is a very Christmassy feel with all the decorations. The front is looking like Santa's Grotto.joysanta

Message 11 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sounds lovely @jonsie santa

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 54

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 13 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I'm trying (and failing!!) to get into this whole Christmas thing....

Same here @jonsie. So much to so, so little time to do it. Spirit is willing etc....sweat_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 54

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

A bit different for us this year;

IMG_3388.jpg

Message 15 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT@Marjo

Where is today's Advent Calendar then?

You are slipping....(Unless I have missed it) joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 54

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @EmilieT

A very long time ago!  When Woolworths still existed neutral I bought an optic fibre xmas tree. It is about 2ft tall it is a green tree with arms that fold out and fold back for storage ~ it changes colour all over from white, red, blue + so on then shimmers too ~ it is so pretty.   I put it in the window for everyone to enjoy. 

I am not a great fan of Christmas but I join in. Absolutely no stress though. (I have been the "stressed out" and find it unacceptable ~ so no more). My routine is exactly the same throughout and this suits me fine.

Christmas is a very short time for me ~ tree up couple days before and down a couple of days after.

Then I look forward to the start of a year that I intend to enjoy every minute of Fantastic

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 17 of 54

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Poppysmum

I had no idea what a poinsette was until now; if you've got a red one it looks quite christmassy so it works smiling

@gmarkj

15/16 isn't too late, you still get to enjoy the tree for a little while. I like to put it up early, it brighens up my days to to see it before going to work and when I come back, with all those lights and colours christmas_tree

@Cleoriff

I like that the decorations seem to extend from the tree to the rest of your house joy It's a gorgeous tree you've got there, can't wait to see this year's later on! On a side note, today's advent topic is now up, sorry it was a little later than usual, we'll be bright and early tomorrow wink

@Anonymous

I'm split as well on which ones to use. I've stuck to one fake tree until it had to go away as it was too big, and the one I got this year will be replanted once the holidays are over so I'm quite happy with that compromise!

@jonsie

Sounded lovely, did you spot any other decorations or trees on the way there or back? santa

@dgilbert2

I like it, it's not traditionnal but very intriguing!

@TallTrees

A nice little tree is all you need to join in on the festive fun ... just a little bit until the new year comes Happy Dance

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 18 of 54

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@dgilbert2

I like it, it's not traditionnal but very intriguing!

Bah humbug, its a stable upside_downsanta

Message 19 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@EmilieT@Marjo

Where is today's Advent Calendar then?

You are slipping....(Unless I have missed it) joy

Edit...

I found it!

Message 20 of 54