🎄 Christmas trees 🎄

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

One of the staples of this season is undeniably the Christmas tree 🎄

For some households it's a tradition to go and pick up a fresh tree, for others it's opening the box and putting the re-usable one up for another spin, or simply going around town to see friends', family's and city squares' trees. Whether it's your own proudly-decorated tree, or a beautiful one you've passed seen out and about, why not share it with us?

I'll kick things off by sharing my own this year- it's my first real tree, and it's potted so we'll be able to plant it in a garden once the holidays are over which is really sweet:

Image from iOS.jpg

Let the Christmas-tree sharing begin! smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT

My tree isn't even up yet (and won't be for another week or so)

It's not a real one. It's 6ft tall, green and artificial and has to be brought in from the garage.

It takes hours to decorate and I like it full of lights, baubles and bows. Last year it had 3 sets of lights on (I think 240 in total) joy

I also have another 3ft tree with fibre optic led lights. That one goes on the sideboard.

I love christmas lights....My husband often says we use enough lights to power the National GridLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 54

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I dont have a tree now had half a tree on wall when DS was small but when he left home never bothered with one. 

Message 3 of 54

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

While a real tree would be nice, the amount of mess it would create (dropping needles) is not worth the bother.
Plus then you are (in most cases) looking at a new one each year - it gets expensive rather quickly.
We have a fake one that will go up in a couple of weeks. I'll add a picture when it's up...

Edited to add - in the meantime, see a couple of pictures below of last year's effort. Including the limited edition, live decorations...

Screenshot 2018-12-04 at 10.14.59.png

Screenshot 2018-12-04 at 10.15.07.png

Screenshot 2018-12-04 at 10.15.14.png

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 54

gmarkj
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Doh.
Just realised the pictures are a little wonky.
@EmilieT @Martin-O2 @Marjo can you provide some "support" and correct my mistake (they looked fine before uploading them...)?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 5 of 54

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff

I had a 6ft tall fake one before as well but since I moved into a slightly smaller place earlier this year I couldn't use it anymore ... do you use the same decorations as well year on year or mix it up? Looking forward to seeing both trees and all the lights once you put them up! I'm especially curious about the little fibre optic one, it was the plan B if we didn't find a good-sized real tree to take in this year christmas_tree

@Poppysmum

That's fair enough smiling Does your town put up a nice tree in the square? I always like those big trees out in the open.

@gmarkj

You're very right, a real tree gets quite messy but so far I have it under control - for how long, who knows joy I love the reindeers at the bottom of your tree, ready to guard the presents. You say a couple of weeks, does it mean you only put it up right before Christmas?

(And pictures fixed thumbsup)

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 54

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I know they have one in Spindles Shopping centre and may have one in town square . I have a poinsette will that do for a tree lol joy

Message 7 of 54

gmarkj
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
We are going to put it up around the weekend of the 15/16 Dec @EmilieT, so just under 2 weeks.
My OH saw the reindeers on her way to work 3 years ago and bought one. Then my daughter saw it and decided there should be 3 (mummy, daddy and daughter). So we got another 2!
And thanks for the fix!

Message 8 of 54

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT

I have so many tree decorations it's ridiculous. Mainly red, green and gold. I tend to go for the same ones every year and then adding more and more. In case I am too late showing it, this was the tree last year...and the lights. The fibre optic tree was in the porch. 

I DID say I liked lights....joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm split on trees.. they grow them specifically for chopping down, which seems a waste but then how many resources does it take to make an artificial one?
I must admit tho, there is an art to decorating them, which not many people have!
Message 10 of 54