🎄 Christmas trees 🎄

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

One of the staples of this season is undeniably the Christmas tree 🎄

For some households it's a tradition to go and pick up a fresh tree, for others it's opening the box and putting the re-usable one up for another spin, or simply going around town to see friends', family's and city squares' trees. Whether it's your own proudly-decorated tree, or a beautiful one you've passed seen out and about, why not share it with us?

I'll kick things off by sharing my own this year- it's my first real tree, and it's potted so we'll be able to plant it in a garden once the holidays are over which is really sweet:

Image from iOS.jpg

Let the Christmas-tree sharing begin! smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Just caught up with all the trees in this topic! Looks lovely. I haven't had a tree for years but I do enjoy looking at them outside and in shops, pubs and also now at the office (thanks to @EmilieT) we have a Christmas tree. yahoo 

My dad spotted a tree in a square close to where my parents live in Helsinki and managed to take a picture with his phone, AND send it to me via WhatsApp which I was very impressed with as he is not very techy. I remember this tree from when I was a child - it was HUGE and pretty much touched the sky. sweat_smile Now it looks so tiny. hugging

Image from iOS (6).jpg

Message 41 of 54

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

Thanks to you @welshsteve76 for posting the picture wink Do you also decorate the rest of the house or keep the decorations on and around the tree? 

@MI5 Are we talking 6ft ... 7ft ... 12ft ... 1ft?? Astounded

I have a few decorations on the furtniture and windowsill, and have a "MERRY CHRISTMAS" tea light holder.  Only the living room though, nowhere else

Thanks

Steve
Message 42 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have to say, I have 'calmed' down a bit now.

When we were younger we had christmas light icicles hanging outside the house.

We decorated the porch with lights and a small tree and the lounge windows with more lights!!.

However, my lads have grown up now and my grandson is at University....so any decorations are purely for us....I mean me wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

What lovely photos of decorated Christmas trees & lights posted above christmas_tree

@Cleoriff I admire your spirit putting up all those sparkling lights & lovely decorated Christmas trees

I have a pink Christmas tree with purple lights & a silver star on top ... it's been on the dressing table in the spare bedroom since last Christmas LOL ... if my son & his wife were visiting me this time of year I'd have put it up in the living room

Message 44 of 54

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

What lovely photos of decorated Christmas trees & lights posted above christmas_tree

@Cleoriff I admire your spirit putting up all those sparkling lights & lovely decorated Christmas trees

I have a pink Christmas tree with purple lights & a silver star on top ... it's been on the dressing table in the spare bedroom since last Christmas LOL ... if my son & his wife were visiting me this time of year I'd have put it up in the living room

Thanks @Anonymous

I do enjoy the festive lights.

Only 3 houses in our cul de sac have bothered with lights....but the rest of the houses on the estate have put on a good show. Look lovely at night.

PS I remember your pink tree. You posted a picture last year wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 54

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Spot the extra decoration...

tree.jpg

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 46 of 54

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Spot the extra decoration...

tree.jpg

Oh that's lovely @gmarkj.

Your cat obviously thought it would be the Christmas fairy (or is it photoshopped?) Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 47 of 54

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
No, he is in the tree.
The flat bit that he is on is his bed of choice currently.
So he (and his brother) are banned from the front room.
Last year they were both in it, albeit they were both smaller!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 48 of 54

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Talking of trees, ours may have to be moved on Sunday!

Just at this wonderful time of year when your freezer is heaving with food, ours is playing up!!

Another one ordered and it's coming on Sunday (thanks AO) However, to get it through the house it has to go past the tree. It should be ok as they will have about 4inches to spare between the tree and the wall when pushing the freezer through the gap...but I'm not convinced!

I love the way these companies offer to take your old freezer away. One problem with that, it has to be emptied and fully defrosted.

Well that won't happen. So it looks as if it will be a trip to the tip on Monday or Tuesday!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 54

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Last year's extra decorations...

Benjie.jpg

Sammy2.jpg

Message 50 of 54