Christmas time soup ideas 🥣

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

O2 Community 2019 Advent Calendar

Hi everyone, 

When the skies are grey and the air chilly, there isn't much that makes me feel better than a hot bowl of soup. It's delicious, easy(?), heartwarming and also quite literally warming too, and the possibilities as endless!

Soup making

Pretty much anything can go in a soup: think of a vegetable, a pulse, meat, a bean or a spice, and chances are, it can be combined with a few other ingredients and turned into a tasty bowl of goodness! In fact soups are so versatile that sometimes it's hard to decide on which direction to take with them.

As I'm personally still just starting my cooking experiences and trying to evolve them from just heating up frozen vegetables and fish fingers in the oven, and in case of soups specifically, heating up some canned chicken broth in the microwave, it would be lovely to hear what you guys are making this Christmas period to feel inspired. slight_smile

What are some of your favourite soup recipes? Do you have any ingredient, seasoning, or tip that you love to use when making or simply eating a soup? What do you have together with the soup, if anything?

🥣🥣🥣

santa santa

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Nice, these look great! Thanks for all the tips! slight_smile

@Cleoriff They have Hulk soup! sweat_smilenerd I would pick the Ironman Soup though! heart_eyes

Message 31 of 39

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Ye cup soup is nice
Message 32 of 39

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Has anyone mentioned "Christmas Dinner Soup", made from all the leftovers?  With a nice turkey stock replacing gravy? roflroflrofl

Thanks

Steve
Message 33 of 39

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

My mother in law made that every year. Boiled the turkey frame with vegetables and dumplings. Wonderful, apart from spitting the odd bone out sweat_smile

Message 34 of 39

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25128 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bah Humbug...

Bang goes the celery soup I was looking forward to having on Christmas Day before the roast dinner.

Carer went to the local supermarket... Oh yes, they do sell it.... But, they`ve sold out... I reckon all them hundreds who come and view the forum have read this thread and descended on my local shop...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 35 of 39

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

....apart from spitting the odd bone out sweat_smile

LOL

Thanks

Steve
Message 37 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@welshsteve76 wrote:

Has anyone mentioned "Christmas Dinner Soup", made from all the leftovers?  With a nice turkey stock replacing gravy? roflroflrofl

My Mum used to do that every year. Though we would have that on the 27th. Boxing Day was always bubble and squeak and cold cuts of beef. Oh and not forgetting the HP sauce....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 39

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Message 39 of 39