Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Christmas time soup ideas 🥣

@Mi-Amigo That's my traditional way of making soup too, although I'm now trying to get used to some additional cooking options/skills. I know how to make cabbage soup actually but it's such a specific kind of taste that it's not something I want to make often! Now that we're getting into the colder season it does sound good though. Smiley Happy

I also like mushroom soup by the way - cream of mushroom! mushroom

@liggerz87 I can totally imagine that! sweat smile see no evil

What's your favourite soup? Smiley Happy

@Cleoriff I like leek and potato soup with some seeded bread! Like what @Mi-Amigo said, it's been ages since I had it too. Always from a can and microwaved but it must be delicious home-made. Same with stilton and broccoli @MI5 ! It's strange as I really don't like that type of cheese, but in this soup it's amazing. ðŸ¤¤

@JAZZ-trad Celery soup stood out from your list! How is that made - is there only celery in it? 

@Anonymous I tried to think back but I don't think I've ever tasted oxtail soup as far as I remember! Smiley Surprised

→ COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
→ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
→ Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
→ Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Level 13: Prompter

This is very nice soup @Marjo 

Yes there is celery in it.

Campbells make it ~ it's lovely

campbellsCondensed-Healthy-Request-Cream-of-Celery1.jpg

Highlighted

Oxtail Soup @Marjo  and @Anonymous 

It is quite different full of taste.

thYJ2VSQP7.jpg

Highlighted
Topics: 268

Scotch Broth - Pea & Ham - Chicken 

Heinz, of course

With crusty bread

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Hi @Marjo 
I think there is potato in the celery soup but it's not noticeable as the main taste is definitely celery.

Highlighted
Community Manager

@WispaRed7 Oh yes pea & ham soup from your list, one of my all-time favourites since I was a child. Smiley Happy In Finland (what about here in the UK?) we sometimes put mustard in it. Smiley Very Happy I've also chopped small pieces of onion and mixed them in the soup when heating it up.

After Christmas, my mum used to make ham & pea soup from scratch, using the leftover ham from the Christmas meals. (we had ham instead of turkey) It was delicious!

So there seems to be two soups I haven't tried so far: celery soup and oxtail soup! Cheers for the ideas. And according to many of you, it will be great with some crusty bread of course! smiling

→ COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
→ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
→ Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
→ Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted
Anonymous

I’ve never seen Cream of Celery before.. must be a Sainsbury/Waitrose/Harrods thing ;-)
Highlighted

This soup should be in most supermarkets @Anonymous Tesco sell it. Campbells cream of celery, you may not have noticed it.
Highlighted
Topics: 209

Thanks @JAZZ-trad for mentioning celery soup, which I hadn`t heard of before. I do like celery in a salad in the summer, so I`ll add it to my shopping list and ask my carer if she can track it down. If she`s successful and after I`ve tried it, I`ll let evryone know what I think.   

animated-elephant-image-0278

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Highlighted

Hi @Mi-Amigo
I hope you enjoy it. It makes a nice change. Look forward to hearing about it later.