Christmas Presents!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

AdventCalendar.png

Hi everyone, 

A big part of Christmas time is giving and receiving gifts. Whether its something extravagant and expensive or something with more of a personal touch it can be tricky picking the perfect gift that your confident the recipient will be happy with.  

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 15.33.34.png

We'd love to hear all of your tips and strategies for Christmas present selection! Do you have any fool proof methods to make sure that you always get the ideal gift for someone? Are there any default gifts you would suggest for fathers/grandmothers/colleague's? What's the best and worst part about Christmas shopping for you and when is the best time to get your shopping done? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6978 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@Anonymous work policy as I clean in a hospital so not allowed have to wait now till may time when I'm on holiday slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 21 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@blissgirl wrote:
@Anonymouswork policy as I clean in a hospital so not allowed have to wait now till may time when I'm on holiday slight_smile

That's true @blissgirl

No nail varnish allowed for staff working in clinical areas within a hospital. This is why, even though I'm retired now, I only ever varnish my toenails....wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@blissgirl wrote:
@Anonymouswork policy as I clean in a hospital so not allowed have to wait now till may time when I'm on holiday slight_smile

That's true @blissgirl

No nail varnish allowed for staff working in clinical areas within a hospital. This is why, even though I'm retired now, I only ever varnish my toenails....wink

I've learned something now @blissgirl & @Cleoriff

Message 23 of 24

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

My Christmas shopping is mainly for friends abroad in the US and Australia, and for the friends I'm staying with to say thank you for having me. 

All my shopping, like @Cleoriff is done on line and I provide the recipient's address so it can be sent direct without the hassle of having to go to the post office myself. 

Primarily I use Amazon as there's nothing they don't have and tend to keep the presents simple but something I know they either specifically want, or something I know they like as they've been friends for years and I know they're tastes as well as my own. 

My Christmas shopping was finished end October so was able to relax from then on. My cards were posted end November to the States and Australia and for the UK last Thursday. 

The friends I'm staying with each will get Amazon gift cards on the day as they use Amazon as much as me (almost!) and can then choose for themselves. Physical presents are being taken up for the children and to put under the tree. 

Not bothered what I receive as it's the thought that counts not the gift and certainly not how much someone spent. My parents taught me that the fact someone thought enough of you to buy a present should be what counts, not the present itself or how much the present cost. And that's the way it should be any time of the year not just Christmas.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 24 of 24