Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charitable Network

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

It seems we have a new network announced today. Pay & Go at the moment though it remains to be seen whether this type of network will take off.

I think all large profitable organisations should make charitable donations from their vast profits, some do and others should follow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20394691

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Nice idea this but I'll reserve judgement until more info is forthcoming.

Their data is a bit pricy though.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Think I would need a bit more info than the press release.  We are involved with a couple of charities and from experience the slice thats supposed to arrive seldom does (in terms of amount) from these schemes.  Dont mind if you call me suspicious

Message 3 of 5

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

They always omit things like operating costs and go for the sympathy angle. Cue a certain billionaire and the National Robbery Lottery story. Pity he neglected to mention that the overall operating costs compared with the eventual winner meant that the overall money raised was far less than the eventual winner. But the marketing spin was completely different (see, the National Audit Office is there for a reason!). Digressing to my point....

I can't see this being a success. There are a lot of charities out there and when they work it out eventually, the cost in processing from the banks means that the final cost is so small you could go out and find more on the street! Best to give direct to said charity rather than go through a middleman.

Message 4 of 5

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Thanks for the info jonsie.

A very interesting idea and I shall be watching it with interest
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 5