Did you mean: 

Changes in the Internet industry

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

We came across this great article from the Guardian regarding the immense growth of Internet usage in recent years:

The New Age of Internet.

Check it out. There are some surprising results. Such as in 2010, Internet usage accounted for 8% of UK GDP! I also had no idea that Britain's Internet usage infrastructure was envied as much as it is.

What do you think of the figures? Do you think Internet usage is moving too fast or to slow? Feel free to comment below.

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I think the internet use will keep on growing and become a huge part of people's lives in the future, both mobile and landline, which means if this is true, and I'm aware it's only a rumour, I think it would be the wrong way to go:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/01/11/o2_llu_product_could_be_sold_after_converged_core_migration_...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I stopped reading the article when it mentioned "UK" and "advanced" in the same statement - the UK has incredibly slow internet compared to other countries, I wonder what others envy us for...
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I stopped reading the article when it mentioned "UK" and "advanced" in the same statement - the UK has incredibly slow internet compared to other countries, I wonder what others envy us for...

Maybe you should read the rest of the article and you may well find out.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Intriguing. I must admit online booking does account for 78% of my gross profits.

If anything I thought the figure would be higher.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 6