Did you mean: 

Champions League Final 2022 ⚽🏆

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

lewysgp_0-1653656975293.jpeg

The 2021/22 UEFA Champions League final will take place at Saint-Denis's Stade de France in Paris on Saturday 28 May. From kick-off time and how to watch, here's all you need to know.

Who is playing in the final?

Liverpool v Real Madrid on Saturday 28 May, KO @ 20:00

Six-time winners Liverpool meet 13-time champions Real Madrid in a repeat of the 1981 and 2018 showpieces. The Reds beat Villarreal 5-2 on aggregate in the semi-finals, while Madrid prevailed 6-5 against Manchester City in an astonishing tie.

Where does the 2022 Champions League final take place?

Saint-Denis's Stade de France will host the final. Located just north of Paris, it has a capacity of over 80,000, making it one of the biggest stadiums in Europe.

Built to stage games at the 1998 FIFA World Cup, the Stade de France is the home of the national football and rugby union sides. The first game played at the venue was a friendly between France and Spain on 28 January 1998, with Zinédine Zidane scoring the only goal in a 1-0 home win.

The final of UEFA EURO 2016 also took place at the Stade de France, the home side losing 1-0 to Éder's extra-time goal for Portugal.

How to watch?

The final will be broadcast on BT Sport 1 and BT Sport Ultimate with coverage starting at 6 pm.

BT Sport customers can live stream this via the app using their mobile, tablet or computer devices.

However, the match will also be played on BT Sports’ YouTube channel (hopefully, I've linked the correct channel, but I'm sure it isn't difficult to find!) for free, so anyone can watch it.

Will anyone be watching? Who are you hoping wins? Let me know below.

Don't forget to join our football topic too!

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25023 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Definitely gonna be watching this!!! LIVERPOOL TO WIN trophy

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 8

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Fantastic performance by Courtois tonight aided by a decent RM defence. Then again, this shocking Liverpool stat is probably something to be buried: 

sheepdog_0-1653775726094.png

Really not convinced the VAR/refs decision made any sense to be ruled out as a goal in the first half. Even after it was explained by the ex-ref, it still doesn't make sense.  

Also, why we we subjected to Camilla Cabelero. Utter drivel let alone wtf was that meant to be as part of a football match? Nobody asked for this entertainment yet we forced to have this Americanised thing dumped on us. Best put by these tweets:

sheepdog_1-1653776106255.png

sheepdog_2-1653776357223.png

As for her outfit, perhaps a better fitting one would have been more flattering.

Message 4 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Out of 18 patients and 12 staff I was the only one who wanted Madrid to win

Still chuckling....

Totally agree with you @sheepdog the coverage was shocking, not least the massive banner telling us the score when the match was being played. Was it too much to expect the clown responsible to put the score on when there was a break in play?

Bearing in mind that every different broadcasting channel shows the score in the top left corner of the screen! 

Message 5 of 8

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25023 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As expected I am disappointed that Liverpool lost but my heart goes out to the Liverpool fans who were subjected to the appauling behaviour by the French police with teargas.

Credit where its due to Courtois of Real Madrid who save 5 on target shots by Liverpool`s Mo Salah.

Lest anyone forgets, Liverpool lost only 4 out of 63 games this season. Man City never beat them.

Liverpool won the League Cup and FA Cup; missed out winning the Premiership by one point and lost the Champions League Final by one goal.

Mo Salah, Liverpool, was joint winner with Son, Spurs, of the Golden Boot; and Klopp was voted Manager of the Year. Not a bad record.

We never stop believing.

YNWA. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 8

Peterkin1010
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I was Ok with Liverpool until their rabble fans  booed the National Anthem at Wembley .

The whole country apart from Liverpool fans were hoping they'd lose.

And they did, I'm DELIGHTED to say.

A Five sided figure is a Pentagon

A Six sided figure is a Hexagon

A Liverpool fan is a Quadruplegone

🤣

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Peterkin1010 wrote:

I was Ok with Liverpool until their rabble fans  booed the National Anthem at Wembley .

The whole country apart from Liverpool fans were hoping they'd lose.

And they did, I'm DELIGHTED to say.

A Five sided figure is a Pentagon

A Six sided figure is a Hexagon

A Liverpool fan is a Quadruplegone

🤣

Like it

.... and agree about their fans

Message 8 of 8