cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ch4 Britain's secret Shoppers on as I write !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Anyine else watching this.

Piece about fixed term mobile phone contracts.

Could be eye opening.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well not eye opening but interesting.

Piece was regarding Networks putting up their charges on a fixed rate tariff, which we have broached on before in current threads.

The amount of people that don't bother reading the T&C of a contract before signing up is frightening.

And the store staff of some of the network high-street stores were not giving out the correct information when challenged by the secret shoppers on fixed rate tariffs.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was dealing with only new customers a big problem we noticed was 3rd parties told customers anything they wanted to hear.we kicked up about it and, in my experience,  cpw became really knowledgeable  and a great help whereas p4u were still the same. now p4u can't do new contracts so that's good slight_smile

Message 3 of 9

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Ive noticed that some phone shops give completely different information to another.

Are Phones 4u on commission?

CPW I beleive arnt ?

I just find a more honest, no rammed down your throat push at CPW works better than phones 4u for me. I dont want to take a seat at phones 4u, all i want is a honest what best deal is for me type question and answers.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now at first thought you would think it would be an outlet such as phones 4 u giving wrong information.

Personally I won't shop there as they are too pushy in my experience ,and tend to guard the door as you walk in.

The Network shops they showed in the programme were the network shops , ee , Vodaphone and 3 who gave dodgy information !

02 came later in in the programme who were just reported as about to increase their fixed rate tariff, which has been discussed on the forums.
Message 5 of 9

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

P4U too pushy? If I'm bored, I sometimes wander in hoping to get their attention for bonus points. So far, I'm winning Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 9

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
I missed the show bandofbrothers but I'll try and catch it in 4od
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

P4U too pushy? If I'm bored, I sometimes wander in hoping to get their attention for bonus points. So far, I'm winning Smiley LOL

I must admit in the past I've been in and been approached several times and when I say I'm browsing theoffice times say well what phone do you use as I can certainly better what you have. Now I buy high end phones sim free so I do delight in seeing his/her face when I show what I'm using and it ends that conversation !

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Toby,

It is a small piece in the show but none the less interesting !

Take care. 

Lee. 

Message 9 of 9