Celebrating our student years :)

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi guys, 

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 13.19.50.png

I hope you all had a good weekend! Some of you migth remember that ten days ago now, we asked you to share some memories around your favourite teacher for World Teachers Day

Now looking at the other side of things, it's World Students Daynerd

What did you study, or would have liked to study? Are there some memories you especially cherish from your student years?

I studied Modern Literature, which included Latin, Ancient Greek, Old French, and all sorts of Literature genres and ways to approach them. My favourite student year was my Erasmus year, which I spent in London where I still live to this day!

Looking forward to your replies! smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I feel like such a dumb***

Well you shouldn't feel like that at all @Anonymous.

I remember one very esteemed tutor telling me that qualifications looked good on paper and usually only satisfied prospective employers.

I left school with nothing to show for it. I went into nursing via a cadet scheme which is no longer available.

If I tried that today, I would be accepted only as an auxiliary.

Nurses today often have more qualifications than doctors. It doesn't necessarily make them good nurses.

In my opinion, there is nothing to beat the 'University of Life'

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I feel like such a dumb***

I think the only certificate I’ve got is from The Tufty Club!

I have a Blue Peter badge Dance

Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

How interesting this thread is ... learning about friends on the O2 Community

I didn't even get a swimming certificate ... LOL

I have my son's 'Record of Acheivement' including GCSE certificates, reference from his secondary school, & his report from when he did 2 weeks work experience with a local civil engineering company ... he works in computers now 

I have qualifications in office administration ... but ... anyone can do a letter etc now ... technology took my job as-it-were, I was advised to go into Personel aka Human Resources, but it was beyond my ken & I wasn't interested in it anyway 

I'd like to think I was a good 'Girl Friday' ... it'd be discriminatory to place an advert like that in the newspaper now

Message 13 of 14

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I studied Business Computer Systems at university, but only for a year and a half as I couldn't afford to carry on (I had no financial support from my family at all).  I'd like to have finished it, but it wasn't to be.  However, I am now in a job doing just what I went to uni to learn after spending a few years learning the stuff off my own back.

Thanks

Steve
Message 14 of 14