Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car insurance

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Misleading title maybe. My question is do you inform your insurer about every modification from OEM spec?

Reason I ask is that I recently upgraded my brake pads and rotors above normal specs. (Thanks for the help with that by the way:)) does this construe as a performance mod?:/

Surely increased braking performance is a good thing not worthy of informing and paying an administration fee for?

Just interested as to what you think. In which case should we declare all work done by garages? It's unlikely unless a car is taken to a brand specific dealer the pads/rotors would be OEM parts would they?

What about tyres?

Googles not too helpful on this account so much contrasting information so I thought I'd ask people I trust:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

crash1.jpg

(Excuse photo was taken on a sony erricson when the had just introduced cameras to phones haha)

Not at all. Ouch set in after shock:( was walking on a broken leg taking snap shots and trying to slow traffic coming off the slip road:)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Parts considered as "Maintenance items" do not need to be declared - Covers Tyres (if same size as standard), brakes, oil, spark plugs, all filters (including K&N) and air fresheners slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Awesome:)
Message 13 of 13