cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling tech electricians

Anonymous
Not applicable

to sum up my most recent post on another, perhaps inappropriate thread

do I need an electrician to install a phone socket in my home? ... that'd make it 4 in the house

or is it possible (me thinking cheap) to have some sort of adapter so I can use 2 phone lines from one original socket?

existing phone socket is for telecare services which is linked to the bracelet I wear

'shared socket' would be for a new landline phone (for several years been mobile only) ... prompted by recent shenannigans following lost phone in the house ... phone been in Amazon box unopened for some time

any help would be appreciated, thank you 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

If it's a new line with a new number you'll need someone to come and install it for you Jane. Your phone company should provide that for you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Just get a simple adaptor that fits into the existing phone socket with a dual output. You can get them from any major supermarket or electrical store.

You can get dual or triple ie. Phone, broadband and care line

RJ11-font-b-Phone-b-font-Line-Modem-Connector-Triple-Adapter-font-b-Splitter-b-font.jpg

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @Bambino & @jonsie

as far as I'm aware Bambino I've still got the old number ... if I can remember it LOL ... its either one of 2 which come to mind ... I will ring from my mobile to find out wink (I'm paperless)

thank you jonsie for the info & pic, that's just like I was hoping ... should be able to find something similar in town or a trip out 

off now to try the 2 phone numbers I think it could be, & we shall see

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, I've got the number because the gizmo box that 'runs' the telecare bracelet was beeping in time to the phone rings, sooooo I'd say I'm ok with that number

btw I don't change numbers willy nilly ... it was actually a pain to inform people ... It was for personal reasons

:womanvery-happy: Thanks! Cat Very Happy

Message 5 of 5