Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

O2 Social Media Team

Re: CES 2019 - Daily Round up!

An unusual entry at CES this year is "The Impossible Burger 2.0". It's a plant-based beef substitute that apparently looks like meat, grills like meat and tastes like meat. Could this be the future?

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/01/ces-2019-the-new-impossible-burger-is-stupid-delicious/

PS. I'd like to state I'm a hardcore meat-eater; I love a medium-rare steak or Patty & Bun burger. But if the "Impossible Burger" really does taste like the real deal and costs the same (or cheaper), then I'm all for it.

CommunitySig_Animated_2.gif

Topics: 77

You can't tell the difference apparently, I know a vegan who eats these as they're a very popular vegan dish in the states, he swore to me they are indistinguishable from meat burgers, even to the point they "bleed" when cooked.

Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

I think the best tech innovation would be if someone could come up with a DAB radio signal and bluetooth that actually works seemlessly without interference LOL It's all very good getting rid of wires etc, but the replacement technology should work properly first.

Thanks

Steve
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

I've really enjoyed reading your favourite tech from yesterday's CES. Some fantastic and rather interesting devices in equal measure! 

I've listed a few more personal highlights Let me know what you think of these and any others you found interesting. cool

First up the ROBO FARMER! This autonomous combine can take the leg work out of farming. It can follow a pre-programed route without any input from an operator and even has built in cameras that can analyse the quality of grain on the fly! Reminds me of the autonomous combine's from installer. smiling

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 18.59.27.png

It woulden't be a proper tech event with out even more robots!! The rather adorable SAMSUNG BOTS are intended as a companion for those that need a little extra help and can lend a hand with tasks such as remembering to take medication and dialing the emergency services! You can also dance with the robots. tongue winking

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 19.01.01.png

FUTURELIGHT FABRIC is a new material from The North Face which is both waterproof and breathable. The new fabric is much thinner and quieter then current waterproof gear and has been tested on some of the worlds most dangerous mountain's including Everest! 

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 19.15.38.png

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Anonymous

Lighter, more breathable fabrics will always be welcome by the biking community.. less noisy would be awesome too!

I'm not sure robots or autonomous cars are the way to go, judging by THIS

Topics: 684

OK...so regarding the "SAMSUNG BOTS (who are) intended as a companion for those that need a little extra help and can lend a hand with tasks such as remembering to take medication and dialing the emergency services! You can also dance with the robots."

Not sure people who need help with medication and a call to emergency services would really feel like dancing? Confused

*The Game Is On*

Level 13: Prompter

@Cleoriff wrote:

Not sure people who need help with medication and a call to emergency services would really feel like dancing? Confused

Only due to "damage" caused BY dancing LOL

Level 26: Upbeat

@Martin-O2  The new fabrics ~ breathable and light ~Good Idea

Topics: 77

Level 15: Gaining a Reputation

I'm still waiting for the self drying jackets promised in Back To The Future rofl  2015 has been and gone HAHA

Thanks

Steve