Did you mean: 

CES 2019 - Daily Round up!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

This years CES (Consumer Electronics Show) officially kicked off today in Las Vegas and it's shaping up to be another great show for those with even a passing interest in technology! 

Below, we've detailed some of the cool tech showcased at the event and will provide a daily round-up of the new tech and gadgets for the duration of the show! 

First up we have the Samsung 75-INCH MICROLED 4K TV. This fantastic TV comes in at a whopping 75 inch and combines Samsung's QLED and OLED technology to give you an amazingly clear picture with true blacks due to the lack of back light. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 19.34.43.png

Continuing the TV theme LG's CINEBEAM LASER 4K projector will display a 90 inch picture on any surface. The projector can be controlled using voice and hand gestures! 

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 19.34.56.png

Next up is one for those who hate doing the laundry! The FOLDIMATE LAUNDRY-FOLDING MACHINE will fold an entire load of washing in 5 minutes. The machine won't be able to fold large items like bed linen but it could be a real time saver to have around the house. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 19.34.33.png

The final item in today's roundup is the KOHLER NUMI 2.0 INTELLIGENT TOILET! This smart toilet is packed with features including a heated seat, self cleaning/drying and if that's not enough it has built in Amazon Alexa with speakers and colour-changing lights! 

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 19.34.06.png

We'll be updating this topic with new technology and gadgets at the end of each day during CS! 

What do you guys think of the new tech unveiled today and is there anything not on the list that you're impressed with? 

Source

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10760 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2

I have just seen at this event

a Robot that can draw on your walls!

I thought they were KidsHelp

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 21 of 50

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
You can't tell the difference apparently, I know a vegan who eats these as they're a very popular vegan dish in the states, he swore to me they are indistinguishable from meat burgers, even to the point they "bleed" when cooked.

Apparently thats the reoccurring theme in Solyent Green* scream

* After eating and liking Quorn, watching how its made put me off and all had in my head was that film!

Message 22 of 50

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous Yes I think the quieter part will be one of the man selling points! joy

You never know @Cleoriff, a slow waltz with your robot might be just what's needed if you're feeling under the weather! 

@welshsteve76 Yes me too lol! They should have arrived by now. 

@TallTrees Oh I missed that one! Do they just make a mess like the kids or do they draw something a bit more tasteful? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 23 of 50

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Martin-O2Only one problem with that suggestion. I just don't 'do' slow waltzes.

My father was the expert in that type of dance. Sadly, he never passed his love of it onto me. I was far too busy being 'a child of the 60's' Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 50

TallTrees
  • 10760 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@Anonymous Yes I think the quieter part will be one of the man selling points! joy

You never know @Cleoriff, a slow waltz with your robot might be just what's needed if you're feeling under the weather! 

@welshsteve76 Yes me too lol! They should have arrived by now. 

@TallTrees Oh I missed that one! Do they just make a mess like the kids or do they draw something a bit more tasteful? 

I think the answer to that one @Martin-O2 is both!  

Afterall it depends what is thought to be messy ~

I thought that Picasso was messy!  Jaw-dropping

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 25 of 50

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

FUTURELIGHT FABRIC is a new material from The North Face which is both waterproof and breathable. The new fabric is much thinner and quieter then current waterproof gear and has been tested on some of the worlds most dangerous mountain's including Everest! 

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 19.15.38.png

Forget Everest, that tech would come in handy for us Scots... 'ruddy freezin' up here

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 26 of 50

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

It's a shame you never got to learn it from your dad @Cleoriff but I'm sure you got plenty of dancing in anyway! 

Not sure if I'd want one of those around the house then @TallTrees! I have enough of a job cleaning up after myself. joy

Think you might need something a bit more durable for use in Scotland @Chris_Klaughing

OK guys on to the last day of CES! As before I've listed a few items that caught my eye and would love to hear your thoughts! 

HEATWORKS DUO have created a solution to constantly having to boil the kettle throughout the day. This prototype device heats the water on the fly as it comes out of the nozzle, removing the need to stand there wairing for the kettler to boil! 

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 4.21.18 PM.png

For all the cat lovers out there the LITTER ROBOT-3 will take care of all your kitty bathroom needs! This device will detect when your cat is doing their business and then after a pre-set time rotate, clearing the dirty litter and depositing a fresh pile. It's also supported by an app so you can keep an eye on your cats er, movements. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 18.49.28.png

Last up is the JAXJOX KETTLEBELLCONNECT which is smart kettlebell system with an adjustable weight from 12 up to 42 pounds and has onboard sensors and accelerometer to track reps, rest time, and more! 

So, what do you think of the latest tech out of CES and did you see anything today that piped your interest? 

signature

Message 27 of 50

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@Martin-O2nothing really exciting for me, anything really "big" on the Smarthome or Home security front?

Message 28 of 50

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Oh lovely!!

Not intending to be negative, but I just can't envisage my cats going anywhere near that litter robot Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 50

TallTrees
  • 10760 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Oh lovely!!

Not intending to be negative, but I just can't envisage my cats going anywhere near that litter robot Fear

Nor can I imagine that ~ cats have more sense!!  laughing

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 30 of 50