Did you mean: 

CES 2019 - Daily Round up!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

This years CES (Consumer Electronics Show) officially kicked off today in Las Vegas and it's shaping up to be another great show for those with even a passing interest in technology! 

Below, we've detailed some of the cool tech showcased at the event and will provide a daily round-up of the new tech and gadgets for the duration of the show! 

First up we have the Samsung 75-INCH MICROLED 4K TV. This fantastic TV comes in at a whopping 75 inch and combines Samsung's QLED and OLED technology to give you an amazingly clear picture with true blacks due to the lack of back light. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 19.34.43.png

Continuing the TV theme LG's CINEBEAM LASER 4K projector will display a 90 inch picture on any surface. The projector can be controlled using voice and hand gestures! 

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 19.34.56.png

Next up is one for those who hate doing the laundry! The FOLDIMATE LAUNDRY-FOLDING MACHINE will fold an entire load of washing in 5 minutes. The machine won't be able to fold large items like bed linen but it could be a real time saver to have around the house. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 19.34.33.png

The final item in today's roundup is the KOHLER NUMI 2.0 INTELLIGENT TOILET! This smart toilet is packed with features including a heated seat, self cleaning/drying and if that's not enough it has built in Amazon Alexa with speakers and colour-changing lights! 

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 19.34.06.png

We'll be updating this topic with new technology and gadgets at the end of each day during CS! 

What do you guys think of the new tech unveiled today and is there anything not on the list that you're impressed with? 

Source

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

An unusual entry at CES this year is "The Impossible Burger 2.0". It's a plant-based beef substitute that apparently looks like meat, grills like meat and tastes like meat. Could this be the future?

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/01/ces-2019-the-new-impossible-burger-is-stupid-delicious/

PS. I'd like to state I'm a hardcore meat-eater; I love a medium-rare steak or Patty & Bun burger. But if the "Impossible Burger" really does taste like the real deal and costs the same (or cheaper), then I'm all for it.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 11 of 50

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
You can't tell the difference apparently, I know a vegan who eats these as they're a very popular vegan dish in the states, he swore to me they are indistinguishable from meat burgers, even to the point they "bleed" when cooked.
Message 12 of 50

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I think the best tech innovation would be if someone could come up with a DAB radio signal and bluetooth that actually works seemlessly without interference LOL It's all very good getting rid of wires etc, but the replacement technology should work properly first.

Thanks

Steve
Message 13 of 50

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I've really enjoyed reading your favourite tech from yesterday's CES. Some fantastic and rather interesting devices in equal measure! 

I've listed a few more personal highlights Let me know what you think of these and any others you found interesting. cool

First up the ROBO FARMER! This autonomous combine can take the leg work out of farming. It can follow a pre-programed route without any input from an operator and even has built in cameras that can analyse the quality of grain on the fly! Reminds me of the autonomous combine's from installer. smiling

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 18.59.27.png

It woulden't be a proper tech event with out even more robots!! The rather adorable SAMSUNG BOTS are intended as a companion for those that need a little extra help and can lend a hand with tasks such as remembering to take medication and dialing the emergency services! You can also dance with the robots. tongue_winking

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 19.01.01.png

FUTURELIGHT FABRIC is a new material from The North Face which is both waterproof and breathable. The new fabric is much thinner and quieter then current waterproof gear and has been tested on some of the worlds most dangerous mountain's including Everest! 

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 19.15.38.png

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lighter, more breathable fabrics will always be welcome by the biking community.. less noisy would be awesome too!

I'm not sure robots or autonomous cars are the way to go, judging by THIS

Message 15 of 50

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

OK...so regarding the "SAMSUNG BOTS (who are) intended as a companion for those that need a little extra help and can lend a hand with tasks such as remembering to take medication and dialing the emergency services! You can also dance with the robots."

Not sure people who need help with medication and a call to emergency services would really feel like dancing? Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 50

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Not sure people who need help with medication and a call to emergency services would really feel like dancing? Confused

Only due to "damage" caused BY dancing LOL

Message 17 of 50

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10667 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@Martin-O2  The new fabrics ~ breathable and light ~Good Idea

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 18 of 50

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Message 19 of 50

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I'm still waiting for the self drying jackets promised in Back To The Future rofl  2015 has been and gone HAHA

Thanks

Steve
Message 20 of 50