Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Britain`s Got Talent 2020

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25150 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Britain`s Got Talent returns to ITV tonight [Sunday 30 August] at 6.30pm with a one-off show - Britain`s Got Talent: The Finalists Revealed, which was pre-recorded [before Simon Cowell`s back injury] and will show the judges reducing 200 acts to 40.

The 40 acts chosen by the judges will join the Golden Buzzer acts:

Sing Along With Us, singing group - David`s Golden Buzzer; Fayth Ifel, 12year old singer - Simon`s Golden Buzzer; Nabil Abdulrashis, comedian; Jon Courtney, comedy singer - Ant & Dec`s Golden Buzzer; and Honey and Sammy, mother and daughter singers - Amanda`s Golden Buzzer

in the semi-finals.  

The first of five pre-recorded semi-finals will be screened on ITV next Saturday [5 September], with the judges picking one act to go through to the final, and the public voting for another act once the episode is shown.

The final will be shown live - without Simon Cowell in the hotseat, who will be replaced by Ashley Banjo.

source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/12526014/britains-got-talent-judges-fight-semi-final/

Any members of the Community gonna be watching ???

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 98
97 REPLIES 97

Mi-Amigo
  • 25150 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Out of the three which went to Judges vote - Steve Royle, the comedian, deserved to go through to the final; but, in my opinion, was not the best act of the night.

I think the best act was the father and son magic act - James and Dylan. I love the way they put in little twists - like each of the photos showing a letter - and another little twist at the end. I hope the public gets behind them and they make the final fingers_crossed

Diversity were brilliant!!! Very moving performance focussing on Black Lives Matter. Great Ashley Bow

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 21 of 98

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Pleased we agree about James and Dylan @Mi-Amigo 

I thought their magic was outstanding. When you watched every judge, their jaws were dropping.

I think Steve Royle got through because he was saying he had been doing this for 30 years and during lockdown things were hard. Same for everyone!!

As I thought, Ashley panned Urban Turtles, He said and I agree, they need to decide whether they are a dance troupe or a comedy act for childrens parties. Lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

Diversity's dance did not go down well with some viewers. There were 1.121 complaints to Ofcom!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54056501 

Ashley tweeted this in response.

Diversity.PNG

For anyone who didn't see it.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 98

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

This may be very disagreeable and controversial but....

Things are very unlikely to change in my lifetime and yes, great strides have been taken

Now this is just my opinion.

The whole taking the knee has been done to death now. It's time to stop this being the normal sight we see before sporting events. Personally I think that this will eventually be seen as a 'black' thing and will at some time in the future simply serve to promote a significant rift in racial harmony.

Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of friends of all nationalities and colour. I never think of them as anything but another human being and even so, I now seriously dislike the whole taking the knee and raising the arm which going back decades has always been a symbol of 'black power'.

Now we have a situation whereby police will be seen as racist and called such, with every stop and search.

The world needs to, and must change to stop any and all racial discrimination.

Taking the knee and raising a fist is not the way forward in my humble opinion.

Message 24 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

You may be right @jonsie, although it remains to be seen whether it will have a lasting effect or not.

However, it's not my intention to get into a political debate about BLM and the rights and wrongs of it.

My post was about the performance of Diversity (note the name) on Britains Got Talent.

People complaining about it seem to have missed the fact that it was about ALL the things which have changed over the past 6 months.

It opened with a segment about Covid 19.

Ended with a section about Black Lives Matter.

The complaints appear to be about the latter section. As Diversity are a group made up of mainly black members, although they are diverse enough to include other ethnic groups, I thought it was a brilliant 4 minute performance.

I also agree with Ashley. Those people who sent messages of hate are part of the problem.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 98

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
I've no complaint about their performance, it was a powerful message about all things happening in this awful year.
It's the kneeling that I find that has run it's course.
I just think that this one act will now serve to divide and separate.
Not political to my mind, there should be no politics in sport and music.
Message 26 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

There should be no politics in music and generally there isn't (unless any singer, black or white is trying to get a political message across).

As for sport, you will find there is racism everywhere. Black footballers endure it every time they kick a ball. The only black F1 driver has endured it all of his life and when he wins in Italy, the cheers of the Brits are drowned out by the monkey chants of the Italians.

I can't talk about other sports as I'm not interested in them.

If sportsmen and women want to take a knee as part of a protest about racism then they should do what feels best for them.

However, back to BGT. That performance by Diversity was powerful and inspiring. Those who complained about it, ARE part of the problem.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 98

Mi-Amigo
  • 25150 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in agreement that the performance by Diversity was powerful and inspiring and covered the issues we have all seen this year. Those who complained about one part of the performance - Black Lives Matter - are part of the problem.

Let us look forward to the upcoming acts in Britain`s Got Talent.  

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 28 of 98

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for posting the vid of Diversity @Cleoriff ... it gave me goosebumps ... I shall watch it again and again to catch more of the detail

Yes @jonsie I remember the black power salutes of times past particularly in international athletics

Diversity is the name of the dance troupe and that it what it seems to promote as Cleo says

Nothing has changed since the days of the black power salute in my opinion

I look forward to BGT even though I missed last Saturday's show

Message 29 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Re the Diversity dance....Reports to Ofcom now reaches 2500.

Called jumping on the bandwagon I think!! angry

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 98