Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Britain`s Got Talent 2020

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Britain`s Got Talent returns to ITV tonight [Sunday 30 August] at 6.30pm with a one-off show - Britain`s Got Talent: The Finalists Revealed, which was pre-recorded [before Simon Cowell`s back injury] and will show the judges reducing 200 acts to 40.

The 40 acts chosen by the judges will join the Golden Buzzer acts:

Sing Along With Us, singing group - David`s Golden Buzzer; Fayth Ifel, 12year old singer - Simon`s Golden Buzzer; Nabil Abdulrashis, comedian; Jon Courtney, comedy singer - Ant & Dec`s Golden Buzzer; and Honey and Sammy, mother and daughter singers - Amanda`s Golden Buzzer

in the semi-finals.  

The first of five pre-recorded semi-finals will be screened on ITV next Saturday [5 September], with the judges picking one act to go through to the final, and the public voting for another act once the episode is shown.

The final will be shown live - without Simon Cowell in the hotseat, who will be replaced by Ashley Banjo.

source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/12526014/britains-got-talent-judges-fight-semi-final/

Any members of the Community gonna be watching ???

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 98
97 REPLIES 97

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I will @Mi-Amigo. I love it.

Wishing Simon Cowell all the best with thar severe back injury.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 98

Mi-Amigo
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The 40 acts in the semi-final have been revealed.

Images and details of the acts - including keyboard-playing dinosaur; dancers; singers; contortionists; magicians; unicyclist; comedians; and dangerous acts - can be seen here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8679521/The-Britains-Got-Talent-2020-finalists-reveale...

Who are your favourites ? Who do you think should be in the final ? Who should not be in the semi-finals? 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I was a bit disappointed if honest. Some acts are excellent but Simon insisting that dinosaur went through was shocking.

Also appeared to be a lot of children.

Not sure how they will do  the voting?

On Saturday the final of the Voice Kids was on. They selected 100's of people who could vote from home and that's how they chose the winner from the 4 finalists. It was weird really, all coaches tend to hug these kids and there was none of that. At least though we had a final and a winner.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Ant and Dec were on Good Morning yesterday @Mi-Amigo  explaining how the voting will work.

Each weekend they have 500 viewers all based at home, in different locations throughout the country. They will be shown after each performance, clapping and cheering (or not) Lol

The voting for each show will be up to them.

The following week, it will be a different group of viewers.

Ant and Dec were explaining the measures which have been put in place re Covid 19.

Limited production staff. Covid 19 testing before each show, for contestants, judges and Ant and Dec.

(Ant and Dec have formed their own social bubble so were sitting on the couch together)

The pair will be doing I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of Here in November this year. 

From a Castle in Wales!!

Obviously Australia is out of the question...without the sun, not sure how these contestents will cope.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 98

Mi-Amigo
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff for the info on the voting and the arrangements.

So will there be a "public phone-in" vote as well as the "audience at home" vote? Bit unfair, if not...

Sorry I may have missed something in reading the post.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo  As I understood it, they will be doing exactly the same as the Voice Kids.

All votes will be done by selected people from home. No mention of a phone in. They are probably given a button to press or something.

Then the following week for the next semi final, it will be a different group of 500 people voting from home.

However, is it BGT where the judges have a vote between two semi finalists? Or is that X Factor?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 98

Mi-Amigo
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As to the judges and public vote, I have found this

Eight contestants will perform in each semi-final and the judges will choose one act to go through.

The second finalist will then be chosen via public vote when the episode airs - with a 'virtual' audience

as the show is streamed to homes across the UK and the virtual audiences’ reactions then beamed into the studio on a giant screen.

The series will then culminate with the live final, in October, where one act will triumph as Britain’s Got Talent 2020 Champion and win the life-changing £250,000 prize plus that coveted role on The Royal Variety Performance.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 98

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That's better @Mi-Amigo 

Must have got mixed up about the judges input. Ant and Dec has said Ashley Banjo standing in for |Simon Cowell is brilliant. He has been there and won the show with Diversity (never been beaten in my opinion). Sometimes he is harsh but constructive.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 98

Mi-Amigo
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I agree @Cleoriff 

Ashley can be harsh but fair. This will no doubt put pressure on some of the dancers. Be interesting to see what he makes of some of the other acts - like dangerous and magicians acts ??

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 10 of 98