Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boris Johnson to be New PM

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Boris Johnson has been voted as the new leader of the Conservative party. He won by double the votes  from Jeremy Hunt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49084605

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 wrote:

Jeremy Hunt equally as bad @Cleoriff. That's the problem at the moment, there is no one to vote for in any party, not just the 2 main ones.

I can't see anyone that would make a good PM, can you?

She’s always ruled herself out for the top job, but I’ve always liked Ruth Davidson, particularly after she put Nicola Sturgeon in her place  wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pIOj6EyRs8

Message 61 of 75

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Yes @Anonymous I rather like Ruth Davidson too. I particularly like the fact she speaks her mind and very often puts waffling politicians in their place. I've seen her on Question Time and liked what she had to say. She seems to be a straight talker, which I particularly like.

Shame she's ruled herself out from the top job, though I can't really blame her. What fool, apart from Boris, would want to be PM with Brexit looming and the Tories having made such a hash if it. Boris will have us out with no deal in place. A nightmare scenario.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 62 of 75

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

They have just interviewed Boris's father on This Morning. Needless to say he was confident 'we would leave by Oct 31st.

He wasn't very happy when Eamonn Holmes pointed out  that this premiership could be the shortest in recent history!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 63 of 75

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
On a side note, has anyone been watching the celebrity Gogglebox which has Johnson Sr on (with "Toff" from Made in Chelsea and I'm a Celeb get my out)?
He does seem out of touch in lots of ways on there.
Not that she is much better admittedly...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 64 of 75

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
On a side note, has anyone been watching the celebrity Gogglebox which has Johnson Sr on (with "Toff" from Made in Chelsea and I'm a Celeb get my out)?
He does seem out of touch in lots of ways on there.
Not that she is much better admittedly...

Yes I have @gmarkj  They were both on I'm a Celebrity Get me Out Of Here and became great friends on that show. They make me laugh actually.... Both a bit naive to say the least...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 65 of 75

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

I feel sick now after reading that @gmarkj 

No I haven't watched it glad. 

The Johnson's are a greedy crowd with no moral compass Johnson Snr sucked out of the EU for years Sister left conservative party because she was a remainer and didn't like BJs campaign much the same with the other brother. BUT HEY all now standing with BJ   sickly lot 

BJ wanting  Knighthood I expect.

No NOBILITY in any of them

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 66 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems quite apt to post this here, and some of the responses are quite funny too laughing

https://twitter.com/JamesCleverly/status/1154347293677461504

Message 67 of 75

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 69 of 75

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Brilliant rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 70 of 75