Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

BBC News just reported text of three letters sent to EU: read here 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I see Parliament are sitting again to vote on another 30 million aspects of the 'Brexit deal' unamused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 58

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Just more unnecessary yays and nays, pointless arguing with nothing decided. Ridiculous! 

Message 22 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
More info

@viridis wrote:
Bercrow is very foolish.
Problem is, no one is seeing past Oct 31st. The more these MPs keep trying for delay, the more they risk having decent opposition in next election.
Whether you like his motives or not, at the present time Johnson is commanding a MASSIVE percent of public voting intention. The opposition could be dealt a massive blow that could take decades to recover from.

There's a lot of MPs who can expect a P45, and rightly so. 

Message 23 of 58

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Is there anyone at all in the country who has confidence in their local mp? I very much doubt it! 

Message 24 of 58

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Is there anyone at all in the country who has confidence in their local mp? I very much doubt it! 

Mine lost all credibility a few years ago and fortunately for him, he's decided he's not standing next time. Which should be interesting on which party gets voted in as historically, its a close run thing between 3 parties.

Message 25 of 58

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Mine lost all credibility a few years ago and fortunately for him, he's decided he's not standing next time. Which should be interesting on which party gets voted in as historically, its a close run thing between 3 parties.

In that case I reckon its the Lib Democrats wink

Message 26 of 58

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

To be honest, they are a lost cause here  but they keep on believing roflroflroflrofl They've never really got above 2500 votes and in fact UKIP beat them in the 2017 election without trying. I wonder if they've found a tax write-off for losing election deposits thinking

Message 27 of 58

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

To be honest, they are a lost cause here  but they keep on believing roflroflroflrofl They've never really got above 2500 votes and in fact UKIP beat them in the 2017 election without trying. I wonder if they've found a tax write-off for losing election deposits thinking

No doubt they have 😂

Message 28 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Some of them still have some integrity left. Caroline Flint is a remainer, but she's gone on record as stating that she'd back a no deal Brexit, rather than stay in the EU. I may not agree with her politics, but I respect the fact that she's still representing her constituents, unlike many of her fellow MPs. 

As far as the Lib Dems are concerned, I think this journalist nailed it:

https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/status/1174805430540877824

Message 29 of 58

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Breaking news:

MPs vote - 329 for; 299 against [majority of 30] - to allow government Withdrawl Agree ment Bill to pass to next stage.

Vote now to be taken on programme motion...  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 30 of 58