Did you mean: 

Best Drone Photography of the Year

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

2018’s Drone Photography competition has come to a close and the winner has been announced. The entries were divided into 6 categories, Abstract, Nature, People, Sport, Wildlife and Urban.

There have been some truly stunning shots submitted this year! I’ve selected a few of my favourites below along with the overall winner.

I know we have a few drone pilots on the Community so feel free to post your shots below! 

You can check out all the entries here. If you were judging the competition which picture would you choose as the winner?

Overall winner 

1iIBrj4dk9ADf8UzGHFQU5aQRvCzCwKM.jpg

Some of my favourates 

Drone 1.jpg

Drone 2.jpg

Drone 3.jpg

Drone 4.jpg

Drone 5.jpg

Drone 6.jpg

Drone 7.jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Martin-O2 I quite like the 'Concrete Jungle'. That would definitely get my vote.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 27

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Superb photography @Martin-O2

I actually love the overall winning picture of the polar bear...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the nature photos the best ... they'd be hard to photo ... don't have a particular favourite ... but ... like the polar bear winner one ... it's like it's bridging 2 continents ... & ... polar bears are becomming rare animals 

Message 4 of 27

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Glory1 agreed that's a lovely shot! 

@Cleoriff, @Anonymous I do love the Polar Bear picture too. You can see why it was the overall winner! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 27

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

In all honesty I've seen some better drone pictures on here and on Facebook from @viridis slight_smile

Message 6 of 27

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

To be honest, I've not heard of this competition until now, it's not one of the usual ones but looks like it's tied in with some travel blog photo site, but always next year hey.
The ones I enter are the UK Drone show competition (December in Birmingham if anyone's interested) and the DJI Skypixel awards which run throughout the year with grand prize at year's end.

I suppose I like this picture the most, not only because of the amount of trouble I had taking my drone here (thanks Lufthansa for loosing my luggage with drone inside) but it involved a 5am hike to a certain location that wasn't in a no fly zone (monuments are strictly protected, as they should be.)

Total distance traveled to take the picture, 1,800 miles.

Flight time, 72 seconds.

Worth every mile.

1 (1)-01.jpg

Sunrise over the Acropolis of Athens.

Message 7 of 27

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

As I said, better than any of the aforementioned shots. Brilliant @viridis, take a bow mate

Message 8 of 27

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Absolutely glorious @viridis.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viridis wrote:

To be honest, I've not heard of this competition until now, it's not one of the usual ones but looks like it's tied in with some travel blog photo site, but always next year hey.
The ones I enter are the UK Drone show competition (December in Birmingham if anyone's interested) and the DJI Skypixel awards which run throughout the year with grand prize at year's end.

I suppose I like this picture the most, not only because of the amount of trouble I had taking my drone here (thanks Lufthansa for loosing my luggage with drone inside) but it involved a 5am hike to a certain location that wasn't in a no fly zone (monuments are strictly protected, as they should be.)

Total distance traveled to take the picture, 1,800 miles.

Flight time, 72 seconds.

Worth every mile.

1 (1)-01.jpg

Sunrise over the Acropolis of Athens.

Wonderful pic @viridis Mexican Wave

Message 10 of 27