cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Believe it or not but O2 are not the worst

Anonymous
Not applicable

Eight months ago I arranged my annual car insurance with a well known national supermarket chain/banking institution.    Today I have received two emails from them.  First one said "Thank you for thinking about us when taking out your car insurance. We would like to know WHY YOU DID NOT buy from us......."  There was then a link to a questionnaire to ascertain what might entice me to consider them again when it comes to renewal.

The second email from the same source THANKS ME FOR TAKING OUT INSURANCE with them for the year, and contains a link to a similar questionnaire.

One of the questions asks me to select  three things that might help persuade me to do business with them again.  One of the options they offer is "a guarantee to beat your renewal price by £50".    Since THEY will be deciding the renewal price it will be interesting to see if they will honour that guarantee!!!

Sorry - I know it has nothing to do with telecommunications but good to know even the big players can make the odd boo-boo.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's who I think it is they couldn't pay me to take out insurance with them!

I think all companies do this.  I've got my car insurance with Direct Line (only because I was in the middle of a claim at renewal time so it was easier to stay) and I found out they had kept my credit card details on file despite me telling them not to.  I phoned up and they removed my card and then wrote to me telling me they had cancelled my insurance as requested!  When I panicked asked them about it they said they same letter is sent out for cancellation or payment changes!

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If it's who I think it is they couldn't pay me to take out insurance with them!

I think all companies do this.  I've got my car insurance with Direct Line (only because I was in the middle of a claim at renewal time so it was easier to stay) and I found out they had kept my credit card details on file despite me telling them not to.  I phoned up and they removed my card and then wrote to me telling me they had cancelled my insurance as requested!  When I panicked asked them about it they said they same letter is sent out for cancellation or payment changes!

I hate to say it @Anonymous , because I love using computers,  but I think things have gone too far in some businesses.  It is time to get human beings with working, active, creative, reasoning brains back nto the workforce to take control away from these machines!!!   Far too much is "computer generated", with far too much nonsense as a result.   Opps!  Nearly fell off my soapbox just now.  Bouncy

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you think that is bad guys n gals then try bring a customer of i-supply energy.

If a company could get everything wrong then they can. When I SOLD my house and advised them in advance that I was doing so they emailed me several times about my "change of tenancy". Despite me telling them it was not a rented property they continued to do it.

They also then tried to reinstate my direct debit as they didn't have the names of the new owners. They didn't think to write to them like any other utility would.

They have broken just about every rule in the book and then tried to charge me £10 for canceling my direct debit (even though I was in credit) and a further £30 for canceling my supply. You can imagine my response.

Still after several calls, threats by me of Ombudsman and county court action and several exchanges of emails (you have to do everything online) they finally admitted most of their systems are automated and get it wrong.

So glad I changed provider.

So no o2 are not the worst but becoming the worst is not a target nor a challenge.
Message 4 of 4