cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beatles` Abbey Road album at No1 - 50 years on...

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The Beatles` Abbey Road album has returned to number one in the UK, 50 years after it first topped the album charts, with an expanded anniversary edition.

The album sets a record - the longest gap before returning to number one - a period of 49 years and 252 days since its initial chart-topping run ended in early 1970.

[source: BBC News website Fri 4 Oct 2019]

2BwJ.gif

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Brilliant news @Mi-Amigo 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The Beatles held the previous record for the longest gap between number one appearances by the same album with Sgt Pepper`s Lonely Hearts Club Band, which returned to number one in 2017 - 49 years and  125 days after its previous spell at number one in 1967.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Strangely, by coincidence, I was outside what now passes as The Cavern this afternoon on a miserable wet day in Matthew Street. Remarkable only for a lonely busker singing Beatle songs, a couple of themed Cavern pubs and two (yes two) Beatle 'museums full of fake copies.

Message 4 of 4