Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Reply
Posts: 14,805
Topics: 136
Registered: ‎11-04-2012

Be Positive, Regardless...

... of the mess the United Kingdom seems to be making of itself.

Perhaps 2020 will bring the clarity of vision needed to navigate a path to a better, brighter future, regardless of the way our European Union friends and family members are being made to feel after a lifetime spent living in the UK - 47 years on Jan 1st, 2020.

 

Regardless of the way the National Health Service has been overburdened and underfunded in the preceding decade, and is now being starved, due to circumstances and uncertainty, of critical personnel.

 

Regardless of the likelihood that, for a UK national, travelling in Europe will become just a sightseeing trip - no more an opportunity to be spontaneous and take up that poolside job or that chalet ski guide position...

 

Regardless of myriad other reasons, I will seek the positives.

 

Regardless.

 

Happy New Year. 

IMG_20191222_170755.jpg

Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Posts: 93,019
Topics: 751
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: Be Positive, Regardless...

[ Edited ]

A positive post @pgn. Regardless of all you have mentioned.

 

I'm not sure I can be as positive about the NHS though. Not only is there a distinct lack of personnel, there is no funding for critical equipment if we are to progress and keep up with our European counterparts.

Funding for cross country amalgamated research projects will be lost and I fear for the future of our healthcare.cry

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Be Positive, Regardless...

[ Edited ]

If it wasn't for the NHS I probably wouldn't be here as had a number of operations when I was young so for that reason on it's own relocating wouldn't be an option for me because of the insurance (as well as any relocation costs and of course assuming they'd let me!) as I did actually look into the practicalities of relocating to the Republic of Ireland as it's good for IT, means I could stay in Europe and move on from where I am.

 

I do want to try and change jobs this year but am holding off as I'm concerned that the type of companies I'd like to work for are just going to relocate to Europe so I keep telling myself to wait until the end of January.

 

 

As for the NHS I think it's time National Insurance was ringfenced just for that and maybe it's time some people were given some 'tough love'

 

Boris Dominic is in control so it'll be fine Smiley Wink

Posts: 81,303
Topics: 576
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: Be Positive, Regardless...


@pgn wrote:

... of the mess the United Kingdom seems to be making of itself.

Perhaps 2020 will bring the clarity of vision needed to navigate a path to a better, brighter future, regardless of the way our European Union friends and family members are being made to feel after a lifetime spent living in the UK - 47 years on Jan 1st, 2020.

 

Regardless of the way the National Health Service has been overburdened and underfunded in the preceding decade, and is now being starved, due to circumstances and uncertainty, of critical personnel.

 

Regardless of the likelihood that, for a UK national, travelling in Europe will become just a sightseeing trip - no more an opportunity to be spontaneous and take up that poolside job or that chalet ski guide position...

 

Regardless of myriad other reasons, I will seek the positives.

 

Regardless.

 

Happy New Year. 

IMG_20191222_170755.jpg


Did Boris write that for you....?wink

Posts: 14,805
Topics: 136
Registered: ‎11-04-2012

Re: Be Positive, Regardless...


@jonsie wrote:

Did Boris write that for you....?wink


Haha! LOL

 

The "pretty" one made me take out the line about all the academics fleeing the UK's universities and colleges, and also the bit about the "very generous" visa system offered to attract talent back (but not their dependents, you'll note...!) Bang

 

Positivity, positivity...

Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Posts: 14,805
Topics: 136
Registered: ‎11-04-2012

Re: Be Positive, Regardless...


@Anonymous wrote:

 

As for the NHS I think it's time National Insurance was ringfenced just for that and maybe it's time some people were given some 'tough love'

 

Boris Dominic is in control so it'll be fine Smiley Wink


Sounds like you'd be wise wating on the job-front, yes, @Anonymous - too much uncertainty fro the next 6-12 months.

 

Many owe the NHS more than one major treatment, but them in power would be happy to see more just pop their clogs... Rolleys

 

I think Dom has high ideals, gleaned from the writings of a couple of readily-identifiable sources - but how he can be pulling so many strings puzzles me, the man must be a dynamo.

Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Posts: 93,019
Topics: 751
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: Be Positive, Regardless...

Not forgetting the highest number of nurses and doctors leaving the NHS.

My cousin, a Ward Sister at Warwick hospital, posted this cartoon...

Image may contain: text

 

 

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: Be Positive, Regardless...

Positivity is good! I look forward to our demise!
Posts: 14,805
Topics: 136
Registered: ‎11-04-2012

Re: Be Positive, Regardless...


@Cleoriff wrote:

 

Funding for cross country amalgamated research projects will be lost and I fear for the future of our healthcare.cry


Yeah, I forgot to give mention to all the other professionals in academia being forced to move back to the EU, mentioned it in my reply to @jonsie above.

 

Many more reasons to stay than go, and some of the reasons have spurred discussion, including regarding the NHS, here: https://smallbusinessprices.co.uk/remain-eu/,if you're interesting in losing yourself for a couple of hours...

 

Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Posts: 11,625
Topics: 267
Registered: ‎13-02-2019

Re: Be Positive, Regardless...


@Cleoriff wrote:

Not forgetting the highest number of nurses and doctors leaving the NHS.

My cousin, a Ward Sister at Warwick hospital, posted this cartoon...

Image may contain: text

 

 


Thinking positively, that should be printed off and sent to Boris - to remind him rage 

animated-elephant-image-0278



Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.