cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to work blues!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have just got back to work after 16 lovely days off and feel utterly depressed......who's in the same boat??

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I went back last Friday but only for half day and I now return tomorrow.

I work Tue to Fri. 😄

Certainly was a bind dragging myself out of bed but was ok as soon as I arrived. 😄
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have just got back to work after 16 lovely days off and feel utterly depressed......who's in the same boat??

Not me @Anonymous  Though I do sympathise will anyone in the same boat.

As a nurse who invariably worked all over the Christmas and New Year period, this time of the year was the same as any other for me. wink

In fact I was pleased when this time of year came round, as it meant the support services were back working full time and we could get a lot more things done for the patients.Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am.  I was in for 2 days last week but for some reason today seems far worse - probably because I haven't got any time off until March!

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not me @Anonymous  Though I do sympathise will anyone in the same boat.

As a nurse who invariably worked all over the Christmas and New Year period, this time of the year was the same as any other for me. wink

In fact I was pleased when this time of year came round, as it meant the support services were back working full time and we could get a lot more things done for the patients.Happy Dance

I really admire people who work all year round.

I used to work as a Betting Shop Manager and the only 2 days a year they were closed was Xmas day and Good Friday.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I was in retail I returned to work Boxing Day and then had New Years Day off then back to it ! Glad those days are over. 😄
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I am.  I was in for 2 days last week but for some reason today seems far worse - probably because I haven't got any time off until March!

I  also suspect it has a lot to do with the post Christmas blues...all linked to the awful weather and dark nights etc etc etc @Anonymous January and February ? You can keep it..... I would be better hibernating :smileysad:LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here @Cleoriff .

I think January and February are the two most depressing months of the year.  March is ok as I know spring is coming (and my birthday is in March!) but I'm always glad when April is out of the way as my Dad died in April. I'm happiest from May to October.

Message 8 of 9

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Or as I like to call it: Refreshed and Depressed.

So far I've not actually minded being at work today maybe because I had the Christmas day through to yesterday as a holiday. And I've had a few parcels delivered today which kind of covers up the monotony of work related things.

Message 9 of 9