Did you mean: 

BST ENDS (Clocks go Back)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123193 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi All,

Just my bi-annual reminder about the clocks and BST.

They go back tonight, giving us an hour extra in bed.

I know @pgn started a conversation yesterday on my Clocks Forward thread from March (very confusing) 😂

However, for those who need reminding, its here:#

Cleoriff_0-1698481721004.jpeg

When I was nursing and on nights, I always seemed to cop for this shift. 😂

Also I know that nowadays computers, phones etc do it automatically.

However the oven doesn't, nor does my microwave. I also have two loud alarm clocks which need manually changing.

Best of luck with your hour extra in bed. I won't get as my two cats will be on the bed patting my face!😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10782 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Good I read this @Cleoriff 

I was prepared for one hour forward oooops 🙄

I  rarely remember 🙃 and only those timers in the house that absolutely need to be adjusted get done. 

I  do not think it is necessary 😕 

I'm with the cats 🐈 

50509f119091507.609646d11da24.gif

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 11 of 20

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10782 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Ah yes the sun dial. @Enlli 

In the garden I can generally tell the time by the sun however "sun he not always shine!"

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 12 of 20

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

I saw this message this morning. 

I suppose it explains why the clock on my laptop seemed to be an hour adrift. tired

Message 13 of 20

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36270 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Now the 6-monthly hunt for timepieces in the house begins, armed with new AA and AAA batteries and button cells... Watches, wall clocks, and the temperamental grandfather clock in the hallway; cooker, microwave, power meter (will 2G removal get that one too?) and finally, car radios and smart TVs and DVD players. Thankfully, the computers in the house, for the most part, autoadjust themselves. Possibly device remote controls too 😖

Message 14 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123193 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I spent last evening, putting back two alarm clocks which need manual 'handling' as well as my Gucci watch, (I bought cheaply in a jewellery shop in one of the malls in Florida) TV, PC, phone do the adjustment on their own. I also did the microwave but will  leave the cooker, because frankly who gives a damn? 😂  

My other half will do the car, although this KIA Sportage seems to have a flashy dashboard, it wouldn't surprise me if it changed itself!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 20

pgn
  • 36270 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Oh - the landline phone base station, with its enbedded answering machine (aka honeypot for silent messages from cold callers!) also on the list... 📞☎️

Message 16 of 20

Oxonian
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@pgn 

The temperamental grandfather clock in the hallway sound wonderful - but aren't all grandfather clocks at least slightly temperamental ?  

Message 17 of 20

pgn
  • 36270 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@Oxonian - I need to disconnect the weights and pendulum, take the mechanism out and clean the accrued fluff and guff off it in a bowl with a little kerosene oil again, I suspect - either that or the trunnion on the governor has finally worn out... Last time it was serviced was about 30 years ago, not bad going 😉

Oh also add central heating timer to the list above - spotted while searching for a battery for the wall-mounted clock in the kitchen.

Message 18 of 20

Oxonian
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@pgn Fabulous description of keeping the grandfather clock working, reminded me of an episode of "The Repair Shop" on TV. 

Message 19 of 20

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6713 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1494 Solutions

https://youtube.com/watch?v=K0o8A4RccUY&si=JDs8iiaYRRrOaAPq

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 20 of 20