cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBCR4: new smart devices

Anonymous
Not applicable

Source: this evening's audio trailer for Thursday's BBCR4 The Bottom Line, 8:30-9:00pm, with Evan Davies (presenter of BBC Dragon's Den & BBCR4 Today programmes)

smart watches

smart glasses

& a smart device which tells your doctor how you're doing

my thoughts: must listen to radio programme

WispaRed7 Cat you can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Soumds interesting @Anonymous  I am sad to say I dont listen to the radio much now....I never seem to find the time...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

We seem to have lost the need to listen to radio, so many other things to occupy our busy lifestyles now.:smileysad:

Message 4 of 12

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Soumds interesting @Anonymous  I am sad to say I dont listen to the radio much now....I never seem to find the time...:smileysad:

Have it on your laptop playing in the background when you're on here !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

I could do...though I try to avoid all distractions when typing in my plodding way....would be even more of a plodder then...and god only knows what I would end up typing Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Thank you for sharing what you've heard.

Yes it does seem that wearables such as SmartWatches are becoming more popular , although the price tags of £200+ are a little unpalatable!

The only smart glasses I've seen thus far are GoogleGlass but again due to high cost and limited use its looking like a lemon.

In respect to my choice of phone Apple have provided an App called 'Health'.

When coupled with other apps it tells you all kinds of medical stats , how many steps you've taken and how many flights of stairs you've climbed etc. Some in America say some apps sends info to your Dr's directly so they can keep an eye on you remotely !

Take care. 😄
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:

thank you for the blue link @Beenherebefore 

I have bookmarked your post ..... & ..... will print out in due course for future reference

WispaRed7 Cat too much 'tv' can give you square eyes

Message 8 of 12

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous be green !....forget the printing, just use the saved link wink  Good Idea

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Anonymous be green !....forget the printing, just use the saved link wink  Good Idea

OK @Beenherebefore ..... I accept the 'kick up the bum' in the spirit in which it was intended wink

I do green quite well thank you very much eg ..... recycling the home paper/plastic+metal+glass/unwanted personal or household items to local charity shops in Skipton, particularly Martin House Hospice ..... I cannot multi-task at anything nowadays ..... = ..... or I do no job well & all of the jobs badly slight_frown ..... I need to 'look' at instructions on paper in my hand then apply them to my laptop screen (I cannot no-more write for very long due to lack of dexterity in my hands) ..... I don't green with envy ever ..... there are many shades of green (the colour of nature imho) & I luv/wear them all

see you in Wanty's beenherebefore ..... I'll buy you a beer Cheers & some pork scratchings wink

WispaRed7 Cat the sky has never been the limit, we are our own limits, it's then about breaking our own personal limits & outgrowing ourselves to live our best lives

Message 10 of 12