Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Three moving to completely online

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Is this the beginning of the end of the BBC?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34932688

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

Is this the beginning of the end of the BBC?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34932688

In a word YES

I'm no snob, but allus been more of an Auntie Beeb viewer, from Watch with Mother at weekday lunchtime to what I'm interested in now ie The Last Kingdom Bouncy

I blame Rupert Murdoch Smiley Mad

Message 21 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

What about the girls @jonsie on SCD, particularly the pros, in their dresses, they're very feminine

& I thought you were a red-blooded male tongue

@MI5 likes the show for the girls & I disagree it is family viewing, girls like it anyway ... so there tongue

Its BBC flagshow

Dance

Over the years, one thing I've learned is that arguing with the fairer sex,  especially over here, is a bit like perpetual motion. Impossible to achieve without throwing loads of money into the equation and the chances of success are microscopic leading to frustration, stress and a foreboding sense of abject failure.

As for @MI5....words rarely fail me.....

Message 22 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You my good man @jonsie are beginning to sound a bit sexist.....Fear

What on earth is wrong with a bloke watching SCD? I admire anyone who admits they do...I watch Football, Formula One, Top Gear et al...and no-one thinks 'hang on why is she watching these programmes..they are for men'?

I must admit the reason I bang the drum about this.... is because my Dad (all 6ft 2ins of him) was a real jack the lad.....He was also a champion amateur boxer....(and very handy with his fists back in the day) He played snooker, football and darts. He was also a professional ballroom dancer who won many trophies...and he taught me to dance. If anyone saw him in the street they would never imagine he was a dancer....but he was proud of it......so pffftttt...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 29

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I've got to say, I can watch an episode of Strictly easily ;). Anyone ever seen Ru Paul's Drag Race? That's a great show!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 24 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

I've got to say, I can watch an episode of Strictly easily ;). Anyone ever seen Ru Paul's Drag Race? That's a great show!

I haven't seen that Toby but have seen Ru Paul.....hilarious....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ru Paul's Drac Race is hilarious! I HIGHLY recommend  Fantastic

Message 26 of 29

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

I've got to say, I can watch an episode of Strictly easily ;).

Shakes head in absolute disbelief and astonishment...all hope has gone, abandoned to a world of emasculation, debilitated undermined and crippled masculinity, further undermined by a fervour to watch so called celebrities prancing around to be ridiculed by non entities wanting to make a name for themselves, in a form of tv where the winners and dismal failures have been predetermined and like the sheep we are, we pay silly money to the corporate fat cats by queuing up to phone with meaningless votes.

But hey...its entertainment for the masses whereby no other tv channels put on anything watchable because the ratings will suffer and various corporate directors will be out on their ear.

Having said exactly what I think about the circus of evening weekend tv, I'm at a loss as to why pubs are closing in their thousands. My wife was an avid devotee of the dross but my local could set their clock as to what time I burst through the door in utter relief.

Please God let it all be over before the 10th December......if not I'll walk home over burning embers barefoot before throwing myself overboard from the cross - channel ferry wearing a lead suit and dancing shoes.

CrazyD'oh!Who's there?Bang

ps....does anyone actually take the show seriously?

Love it really, it's on UK TV and I couldn't watch it here if I wanted, much prefer the pole dancers with their bored faces whilst being leered at by over excited members of the public who are old enough to know better.....Mnn,  maybe not so different after all LOL

Message 27 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Of course we don't 'take it seriously'.....it is good old fashioned entertainment with a few ripped, tanned, oiled bodies to drool over.....(and that's just the men) LOL

Anyway if you want to take a pot shot at my viewing likes... check these out....

The Hunt (and anything else David Attenborough narrates/is involved in)

Supervet and any other animal welfare programmes

Sherlock

SCD

Downton Abbey

Doc Martin

Music festivals...Glastonbury/Reading (shown on BBC3)

Psychological Thrillers

Being Human

Britains Got Talent

I'm a Celebrity....

Formula One

Coronation Street

Emmerdale

And thats just a few........LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 29

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Toby wrote:

I've got to say, I can watch an episode of Strictly easily ;).

Shakes head in absolute disbelief and astonishment...all hope has gone, abandoned to a world of emasculation, debilitated undermined and crippled masculinity, further undermined by a fervour to watch so called celebrities prancing around 

That's called the Premier league matey.

Message 29 of 29