Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Three moving to completely online

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Is this the beginning of the end of the BBC?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34932688

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Not sure why they need so many regional channels to be honest, they can't even afford to broadcast them in HD.

Message 11 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122351 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Not sure why they need so many regional channels to be honest, they can't even afford to broadcast them in HD.

Or get your regional news on HD...I have to flick to 101 if I want to hear Midlands news...

Haha....just noticed that was what you were complaining about...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 29

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 13 of 29

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
HD is the minimum expected standard these days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 29

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

The regional programmes are part of the BBC Charter, which commits to bringing regional broadcasting whilst also giving mainstream programming for all.  BBC3, on the other hand, is seen as being aimed at a youth market whilst ignoring the fact that not all younger people have access to uncapped wifi or mobile services - actually, no - they recognised that a large chunk of viewers will be lost.  No mitigation though, from what I saw.

Some programmes will make it through to BBC1 and BBC2.  BBC4 though is one weird thing - how it is continuing I am not sure - perhaps they'll turn it into BBCFactual?  They also have three months to outline their use of the spare spectrum for BBC3 after 9PM.

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 15 of 29

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I personally like the options of bbc 3 and 4, when there is nothing on the mainstream channels that take your fancy you can rely on those channels to provide you with something different. Shame they start 7pm but this is BBC we are talking about. I pay a crazy licence fee to watch these channels, maybe we should just watch online now, no licence fee to worry about. This is 2015, just,  and there are so many options to view online nowadays. Everything is free on Now on TV, watch anywhere at any time.

Message 16 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122351 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Problem is the older generation may not have or like ...online viewing....Sitting as a family watching brilliant TV programmes is a joy...not something to be done in isolation I feel....Having said that I am off to watch Strictly Come Dancing on BBC 1....Good job my other half isn't with me...he would clear off to bed...Not what he calls family viewing...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 29

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Problem is the older generation may not have or like ...online viewing....Sitting as a family watching brilliant TV programmes is a joy...not something to be done in isolation I feel....Having said that I am off to watch Strictly Come Dancing on BBC 1....Good job my other half isn't with me...he would clear off to bed...Not what he calls family viewing...LOL

SCD is definitely not family viewing, it pampers to the feminine side of a family. Show me a red blooded male who can sit and watch this programme without yawning and wanting to turn over to the Cartoon channel or something equally less banal.

Message 18 of 29

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

What about the girls @jonsie on SCD, particularly the pros, in their dresses, they're very feminine

& I thought you were a red-blooded male tongue

@MI5 likes the show for the girls & I disagree it is family viewing, girls like it anyway ... so there tongue

Its BBC flagshow

Dance

Message 20 of 29