cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Radio 2 Beatles’ digital radio pop-up station to celebrate Abbey Road’s 50th Anniversary

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Might be of interest to some of our members........

BBC Radio 2 will celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Beatles’ Abbey Road album with RADIO 2 BEATLES, a four-day pop-up DAB radio station.

Further reading........ https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2019/bbc-radio-2-beatles

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Four of the letter from the street sign on the back cover of the Abbey Road album were sold on Ch4 TV show Four Rooms for £7000

4 Abbey Road letters fetched £7000

Four original tiles from the Abbey Road sign in London, as featured on the back cover of the album Abbey Road were for sale on the TV show "Four rooms" on Channel 4 in the UK recently.

Seller Anne lived in a flat opposite the Abbey Road sign and when she discovered that the wall with the sign on was to be demolished, she rescued what tiles she could and her father glued them back together. Anne managed to rescue just four tiles A, B, E and Y. During the show, the tiles were sold to Andrew Lamberty for £7000.
He is now in the process of getting them authenticated. If he is successful, he has plans to put them in a presentation case and hopes to sell the letters for around £ 16 000 a piece.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 11 of 23

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There's big money to be made in pop nostalgia. Autographs of the Beatles also make big money depending what they are written on and can be authenticated.

https://www.we-buy-beatles.com/

https://www.neautograph.com/

Message 12 of 23

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The VW Beetle on the front cover of Abbey Road was bought by Peter Gent, a St Albans music shop owner, in 1986 for £2,500. It was later sold for $23,000 and is on display at official VW museum in Germany.

The police van, on the right of the front cover, licence plate SYD 724 F, appears on the licence plate of the Rolls Royce falling into the swimming pool on the front cover of the Oasis album Be Here Now in 1997. 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 13 of 23

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Oasis were very much influenced by the Beatles in their early years. Liam definitely took his singing style into the microphone from John Lennon.

Message 14 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Oasis were very much influenced by the Beatles in their early years. Liam definitely took his singing style into the microphone from John Lennon.

That's why my husband never took to Oasis. He said they were a rip off. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

Today marks the anniversary of 'Abbey Road'. Tomorrow, catch that magic feeling again with the anniversary editions including brand new stereo mixes, exclusive session takes and demos.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 23

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mi-Amigo 

Today marks the anniversary of 'Abbey Road'. Tomorrow, catch that magic feeling again with the anniversary editions including brand new stereo mixes, exclusive session takes and demos.

Thanks @Cleoriff 

3 vinyl set, 100 page book, unreleased and out-takes... Brilliant must-have

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 17 of 23

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Paul and Ringo reunited, with their wives, at Abbey Road studios this morning for 50th anniversay bash.

Full story with pics and video links read here 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 18 of 23

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Video produced with Apple Records archive photos and film by Linda McCartney supplied by Paul for Here Comes The Sun released for 50th Anniversary of Abbey Road - enjoy

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 19 of 23

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Was listening to it in the car earlier, The Beatles Hour at 18:30ish. And heard Zoe Ball talking to Sir Paul at 08:10ish this morn. And somebody playing Lady Madonna on the piano yesterday, I think, at about 07:40.

Great music. 

Message 20 of 23