cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Northern Ireland News Item

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought some of you might be intrigued by this headline which appeared on the BBC NI News Mobile version today.   I will leave it to those who are interested to find out what it is all about.  Suffice to say we have not (yet) perfected "head replacement surgery" in Norn Ireland,   

BBCnewsheadlineNI.jpg

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I agree but I had to post it in conjunction with the headline by @Anonymous

Strange coincidence that it came just the day after and makes me wonder what they will do next.

This also the day after the recipient of a penal transplant is now to become a father after only 4 months...If we are to believe he is the actual father...I keep thinking a totally different adaptation of the carry on Infamy joke LOL

Message 11 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I read a story linked to the one you provided  @jonsie A chinese scientist has transplanted new heads on 1000's of mice.....it concluded by saying all the mice died within a few minutes of the transplants... slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 15

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I read a story linked to the one you provided  @jonsie A chinese scientist has transplanted new heads on 1000's of mice.....it concluded by saying all the mice died within a few minutes of the transplants... slight_frown

That surprises me not one bit....even in these modern times and the welcome breakthrough in cancer treatment,  I think we are a long way off head transplants.

Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

That surprises me not one bit....even in these modern times and the welcome breakthrough in cancer treatment,  I think we are a long way off head transplants.

Never mind the head transplants @jonsie - I do hope you are keeping yourself safe from "A local delicacy in north-east Thailand, made from raw fish, .... found to be behind a high incidence of liver cancer in the area, and doctors are trying to educate people about the risk."    ( from report on BBC News )

Message 14 of 15

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 15 of 15