Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awakening Sleeping BEEuties

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

hthttps://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/sleeping-BEEuties/m-p/1160526/highlight/true#M116627tps://...

From last year they were Sleeping Beeuties 2018 to

This year 2019  again these little kind and sweet bees have caught me unaware and when I opened

the sleeping box there were a few anxious looking faces!  So up went the boxes sharpish

and they were put on top to feel the fresh air and off they flew ~ they'll be back always

to the same spot they first remember.

These are the boxes facing South in the hot sun.  

WP_20190402_13_03_54_Pro (3).jpgWP_20190402_13_49_37_Pro (2).jpgThis is a box with                                                                                 an emerging bee under the release box top.

Wildlife have no respect for photographers!

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 1 of 505
504 REPLIES 504

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I can relate to that @TallTrees joy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 461 of 505

TallTrees
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Very late this year 2021 bees wait for sun as they like it quite sunny and hot to get going. Bad weather this year much cooler rain and short of long sunny days. They are doing their best now still wait for sun to warm them up. Sunny today May 12th so they have been busy. Hope it will be OK for them this year as time is not on their side. 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 462 of 505

TallTrees
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Fox in every night at about 8pm to eat her dry dog food , she has got used to this now and loves them, just a handful to help her along the way.
Sometimes if she's in before the food is out I see her thinking late!
Then she comes back in about 10 minutes 🦊
I can see her now as it is lighter. Put food behind some garden pots and bushes so she feels safe.
Takes her time and enjoys them, then off she goes on her round.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 463 of 505

TallTrees
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

New this year and such a treat have a nest of Longtailtits absolutely fantastic 😀

download.jpeg.jpg

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 464 of 505

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Lovely story about the fox @TallTrees 

Sadly they couldn't get in our back garden as we have 6ft fencing all the way round.

Have seen them out the front or the side of the house.

Quite a built up area where I live.  Be nice to have a house in the country where wildlife have more access.

There again, as I no longer drive, I would miss the shops being so close.

Lovely picture of a longtailedtit. I had the joy of seeing a pair of robins on our bird table this morning. They are both very tame.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 465 of 505

TallTrees
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff love Robins such cheeky little birds wouldn't be the same without them.
Yes the fox will be around. I lived right in the middle of a busy market town and fox walked through often about 6 pm not bovvered!

I live  near another market town now and Blackbirds steal grapes from the green grocer in town, he puts his fruit outside you know the type of thing, blackbird rocks up and takes grapes from the display....so funny to watch. We have Peacocks in town too, one of them uses the crossing! Waits by it when lights change and beeps sound he crosses! Back to his home.😆

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 466 of 505

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

Thank you @Cleoriff love Robins such cheeky little birds wouldn't be the same without them.
Yes the fox will be around. I lived right in the middle of a busy market town and fox walked through often about 6 pm not bovvered!

I live  near another market town now and Blackbirds steal grapes from the green grocer in town, he puts his fruit outside you know the type of thing, blackbird rocks up and takes grapes from the display....so funny to watch. We have Peacocks in town too, one of them uses the crossing! Waits by it when lights change and beeps sound he crosses! Back to his home.😆

That's brilliant @TallTrees. Smiling at the peacock using the crossing. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 467 of 505

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25136 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TallTrees 

Love the story of the fox visiting your garden and the peacock using the crossing made me laugh - love to see a photo or vid of that yahoo

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 468 of 505

TallTrees
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Yes, so would I 😀 @Mi-Amigo
Difficult, tried to photo fox yesterday no chance..I can see her face chewing behind pots where food is..photo impossible too far away and she moves around alot.
Maybe one day, I'll try.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 469 of 505

TallTrees
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

May 16th cold wet miserable
I photographed the nesting tubes
So many little faces in the tubes waiting patiently for the sun 🌞

20210516_135947.jpg