Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awakening Sleeping BEEuties

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

hthttps://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/sleeping-BEEuties/m-p/1160526/highlight/true#M116627tps://...

From last year they were Sleeping Beeuties 2018 to

This year 2019  again these little kind and sweet bees have caught me unaware and when I opened

the sleeping box there were a few anxious looking faces!  So up went the boxes sharpish

and they were put on top to feel the fresh air and off they flew ~ they'll be back always

to the same spot they first remember.

These are the boxes facing South in the hot sun.  

WP_20190402_13_03_54_Pro (3).jpgWP_20190402_13_49_37_Pro (2).jpgThis is a box with                                                                                 an emerging bee under the release box top.

Wildlife have no respect for photographers!

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 1 of 505
504 REPLIES 504

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @EmilieT 

It is the heart-breaking bit I can't watch.

Have you noticed?  we have added  Nature to my Awaken Sleeping Beeuties  to include as many different types of posts re nature.  @Anonymous had the idea and it is a great one.  

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 91 of 505

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

This is worth a watch, from the wonderful Our Planet on Netflix.

Simply stunning heart

@Cleoriff I finished the whole series this weekend. Stunning, fascinating, and heartbreaking at times, definitely would recommend watching the full episodes to anyone who liked this short clip you shared!

I am still watching it @EmilieT 

I wouldn't post the video of the Walruses. That was tragic.

Important to mention to all nature lovers and saving the planet supporters, the tragedy is due to the loss of sea ice due to global warming. Sea ice is the natural habitat of the Walrus.

So when the Walruses come back to rest, give birth etc, they are living on a very small though high, rock formation.

To avoid being crushed, they try to climb the rocks and the inevitable happens. Walrus are NOT rock climbers.  Tragic.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 92 of 505

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@TallTrees  I did notice, and I like it! sun

@Cleoriff That shocked me deeply, it's a very upsetting scene, the most upsetting of the lot. The whole series does a very good job at balancing beauty and the threat to it.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 93 of 505

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @EmilieT 

I can't take the bad bits anymore ~ know I should but I can't.

I stay positive ~ I need to ~ I carry on with all my animal friends in the garden (ok not greenflyrage)

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 94 of 505

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

Hi @EmilieT 

I can't take the bad bits anymore ~ know I should but I can't.

I stay positive ~ I need to ~ I carry on with all my animal friends in the garden (ok not greenflyrage)

I can relate to that @TallTrees, I need to take big breaks between these kind of documentaries. It's important they are available and well made for people who need to understand what's going on better though nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 95 of 505

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Which is why I can't watch Our Planet all in one go @EmilieT 

It's too much of a roller coaster of emotions. From amazement, laughter and then the shock of scenes like that, with no happy ending...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 96 of 505

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Yes @Cleoriff   and  @EmilieT 

I love nature programmes but unfortunately the truth and reality (which is undoubtedly important)

can't watch ~ so I don't watch now have to turn the whole thing off ~ terrible really but anyway

have to do what is best for me.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 97 of 505

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Photo'd this bee putting the last mud plug in ~ tiny bee carries that mud flies it in and makes a plug between each bee cell, can't imagine how much work that takes.  Horrified

WP_20190429_16_33_53_Pro (2).jpg

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 98 of 505

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

What a great photo @TallTrees  hugging

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 99 of 505

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff  and it was only taken with my very ordinary mobile phone cool

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 100 of 505