Did you mean: 

Asda: No more Black Friday

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Depending on your viewpoint, this news will come as a shock to some

Supermarket Asda says it will not take part in the shopping discount day known as Black Friday, which it helped to bring to the UK just two years ago.

I never attended one....but I saw the media reports of the frenzied activity this day caused.

I am quite happy knowing I can go into an Asda store on Black Friday and not be trampled underfoot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34774289

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Good. Poor excuse to shift unsold stock at the risk of over hyping to the point it became dangerous.
I'm all for black Friday deals, but when it gets to the point of uncontrolled violence to make sure you get the last one, then it has no place in a civilised retail environment.

Message 2 of 16

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I can remember the news reports from last year. A good call from Asda I think wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Unfortunately it won't stop the frenzy, as it doesn't appear that any other retailers have taken the same attitude as ASDA.

I don't go anywhere near retail stores in the run up to, or during this time. I can do all the buying I want to online and avoid all the crazy people.ConfusedCrazyFearLOL

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Unfortunately it won't stop the frenzy, as it doesn't appear that any other retailers have taken the same attitude as ASDA.

I don't go anywhere near retail stores in the run up to, or during this time. I can do all the buying I want to online and avoid all the crazy people.ConfusedCrazyFearLOL

Yes I normally feel quite self satisfied when I see all the rugby scrums out there...Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

It beggars belief as to why people do this 

Message 6 of 16

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Black Friday is just that.....very black and I keep well away from any store that turns normal people into greedy vultures willing to fight anybody for a few pounds off old stock.

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do people not realise its over stock & old stuff that shops just want shot of

Message 8 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I honestly can understand people loving a bargain...who doesn't?....However its the behaviour of the people climbing over unfortunate others.... and having pitched battles to snag the goods. It's animalistic frenzy Evil Most stuff can be bought online from the safety and comfort of your own home...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you shop online during Black Friday? And get the same discounts?
Message 10 of 16