Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Art

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'd like to see who else shares my passion.

Who do you think are the most influential artists of the modern era?

(Would we be allowed to post pics/links?)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

i think it depends on the person what they feel is art, i like Banksy, and his ideas, i think he is clever in the fact that most stuffy people i know are offended by his work, yet it appeals to the "younger" generation to go out there, learn the statements he is making and make thier own judgements on todays world.

as i think ive mentioned tattoo/pin up art is my forte, (having quite a collection of both XD) and i think that artists these days lack something? i have seen a few artists that had the potential to change my mind, but nothing beats Gil Elvgren for the portrayal of feminity, humour and downright sexiness XD

Message 21 of 26

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Art is such a subjective medium, especially when it comes to judging it, such as the finalists for the Turner Prize. One man's junk is another's masterpiece. My taste for art also goes into architecture, such as Gaudi's Sagrada famila (below). Also below is a biomechanical landscape I did in an A1 pastel mural for my art thesis.

giger__biomechanical_landscape-vi.jpg  Catalunya_en_Miniatura-Sagrada_familia_2.JPG

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

old school.jpgold school.jpg57947_3490593837248_499833714_n.jpghere is some of my work, i havent drawn in a long time, but im getting into it again, so excuse the rustiness! ❤️

Message 23 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 24 of 26

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Unless its a different person he/she also does designs for the credit card laminates I've been looking at:)

I love your drawing Carrie:) especially the bird(swallow?) with love written under it.

Do you have any colour work?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 25 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

aw thanks, and not yet, my portfolio has grown legs and disappeared. and as these are only doodles they are just in pen x

Message 26 of 26