Did you mean: 

Are you on Social Media? :)

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Happy Friday guys!

As tomorrow, Saturday 30 June, is Social Media Day, I thought I'd ask you all which Social Media platforms you're using? Which ones do you enjoy the most or find most useful? slight_smile

You can find a list of the most popular Social Media sites (20) here.

I'm occasionally on Facebook myself, however lately I've got into Instagram and been spending more time there. I like to post photos of my cats, flowers and other summer-related things and PC games. I was very late to Snapchat, but have recently discovered it and find it amusing for selfies with ridiculous filters. joy I use Pinterest sometimes to get visual inspiration for various things.

As you might know, O2 is also on Twitter and Facebook where you can catch up on recent happenings and also get help. On Twitter and Facebook, you can get support from O2, and of course on our Community here we have customer-to-customer support available. slight_smile Have you checked out the rest of the channels yet (full list below)?

O2 on Social Media

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@Glory1@Poppysmum@ComaChameleon I use WhatsApp on a daily basis and it's my main platform for communicating with my parents who are in a different country. Mostly one-to-one chat, but I do have a few group chats going on too. On WhatsApp are you able to mute group notifications one at a time or is it all or nothing?

You can mute it. But than you don't get the news... I have 131 unread notifications since 14 o'clock today - so in 8 hours. And thats what I mean.

My collegues were discussing a change in overtime and worktime (allegedly we are working not enough.... We have 48 hours a week plus 12 hours in top per month [plus 30 hours further training per year in our free time].... That's not enough, by far... *sarcasm).

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 21 of 35

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hmm... WhatsApp...

I don't realy classify WhatsApp as Social Media, in the same way Skype isn't in that category.  The lines do begin to blur, though.

I use WhatsApp - very handy for keeping a small family group in sync (provided they haven't uninstalled it from their phone to make way for more Spotify tracks or a bigger SnapChat store...Crazy). Does anyone consider group SMS as "social media"?

Thought not...

Message 22 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Facebook ... & ... am generally happy with it slight_smile

Use it for keeping in touch with school friends + jazz friends / musicians + animal things / cat groups particularly + funnies which I usually share + photography groups

Message 23 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

There’s an interesting article about the addictive nature of social media, and we shouldn’t be surprised that it’s designed that way wink

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44640959

It’s not a million miles away from what we see in community forums thinking

Message 24 of 35

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thanks for the article @Anonymous makes interesting reading.

Thank God my only addictions are my games, my recordings, my films and box sets. Social media, especially FB and Twitter just don't interest me. I've real friends to talk to. And for online friends I stick to the O2 community 😊
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 25 of 35

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I found it very sad. People who measure their self worth by the amount of likes they get on FB.....

Tragic really.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I found it very sad. People who measure their self worth by the amount of likes they get on FB.....

Tragic really.

I too @Cleoriff find it sad that people brag about how many friends they have on Facebook 

Message 27 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not on any social media. I’ve tried them all at some point but they’re all much of a muchness. (I hate Facebook) 

I love the idea of instagram (pictures not words) but without a smartphone it’s pointless.

Message 28 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Snapchat is quite fun!
I'm not brave enough to put my ugly mug out there yet but seeing what is going off around the the world is a mixed bag of bizarre & just plain weird
Message 29 of 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I've never used Snapchat but Line is my preference as it's the number one social media outlet in Thailand. I have many friends who use that as well as Whatsapp which is gaining popularity over there.

Message 30 of 35