Did you mean: 

Are you on Social Media? :)

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Happy Friday guys!

As tomorrow, Saturday 30 June, is Social Media Day, I thought I'd ask you all which Social Media platforms you're using? Which ones do you enjoy the most or find most useful? slight_smile

You can find a list of the most popular Social Media sites (20) here.

I'm occasionally on Facebook myself, however lately I've got into Instagram and been spending more time there. I like to post photos of my cats, flowers and other summer-related things and PC games. I was very late to Snapchat, but have recently discovered it and find it amusing for selfies with ridiculous filters. joy I use Pinterest sometimes to get visual inspiration for various things.

As you might know, O2 is also on Twitter and Facebook where you can catch up on recent happenings and also get help. On Twitter and Facebook, you can get support from O2, and of course on our Community here we have customer-to-customer support available. slight_smile Have you checked out the rest of the channels yet (full list below)?

O2 on Social Media

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35762 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions
Twitter (in search mode, mainly - traffic info, tech support, local events), Pinterest, Youtube (consumer,) and Instagram... Not into FB at all.
Message 11 of 35

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122795 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I forgot YouTube. I use that a lot...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn wrote:
Twitter (in search mode, mainly - traffic info, tech support, local events), Pinterest, Youtube (consumer,) and Instagram... Not into FB at all.

Social media can offer many positives if used responsibly, and your use of Twitter is a good example of that. It’s great for sharing information in real-time, particularly in the kind of situations that you’ve described. But on a bigger scale, where the man in the street gets to have his say on some of the big issues, it’s not always a reliable source of information, hence all the “fake news” that is circulated.

Message 13 of 35

pgn
  • 35762 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Social media can offer many positives if used responsibly, and your use of Twitter is a good example of that. It’s great for sharing information in real-time, particularly in the kind of situations that you’ve described. But on a bigger scale, where the man in the street gets to have his say on some of the big issues, it’s not always a reliable source of information, hence all the “fake news” that is circulated.

I don't understand those who use their Twitter timeline as a "blog" - I have seen a few who do.

As for the argybargy between those with opposing views on a subject, yes, that in itself means the Twittersphere is rife with opinion, not fact, and so is "fake news" generated...

Good points, @Anonymous. 

Message 14 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I watch some stuff on Youtube (unboxings, some product videos for servers, networking gear and troubleshooting for the same) and have a  profile on LinkedIn.

Dabbled with FB in 2007 but it bored me so got rid, never been tempted back.

Message 15 of 35

pgn
  • 35762 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions
I had not considered LinkedIn as a Social Network, now you come to mention it, @Anonymous.

As I am too tight to pay for it, perhaps it is yet another social network... 😏
Message 16 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn

Nope, I don't pay the fee.

If a fee becomes mandatory and it's above 20 quid a year, I'm not paying it.

Message 17 of 35

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Bit late to the party (what a surprise), but I am on/use
FB
Twitter
LinkedIn
Whatsapp
YouTube

Used Snapchat for a while, but wasn't for me.
FB and Twitter use most days, but more to surf than to post. Same with LinkedIn. YouTube I only watch rather than post.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 18 of 35

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I used to be on Twitter every day some years ago when I was connected to a lot of different TV series fans around the world, and wanted to read all the spoilers of everything before episodes aired in my country. Some of my friends use Twitter like a newsfeed as they follow several newspapers there.

Oh yes @Glory1 that's a good point about game progress and FB - I also backup my progress there. It would be a nightmare otherwise! open_mouth

@Glory1@Poppysmum@ComaChameleon I use WhatsApp on a daily basis and it's my main platform for communicating with my parents who are in a different country. Mostly one-to-one chat, but I do have a few group chats going on too. On WhatsApp are you able to mute group notifications one at a time or is it all or nothing?

Message 19 of 35

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
As I never use group chats I can't answer that one @Marjo.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 20 of 35