• 3658 Solutions
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Anyone from 5 year old and up are completely addicted. Phones and TV are totally banned when my eldest son and his family are dining. The kids totally respect this so it's down toparenting and schooling but really, no amount of assistance from Google or Apple will help change this addiction

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If we are having a family meal or game then phones are barred from the vicinity 

Message 3 of 7

Tsidkenu1es
  • 79 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thank you Jonsie for welcoming me to the community...!

Phone's, PC's, TV's... are tools to be control, no to control us, one needs to know the important thigs of life...!
One Family * One Community * One Love * One Purpose
*************** UNITED ONE WORLD ***************
***** LOVE***********PEACE************JOY*******
* The Future Is In Our Hearts Our Minds And Our Souls *
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

I think it's probably a generational issue. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I come under that nauseating term 'millennial' and have had a mobile since I was 17 but I carry one for one reason only, so I have access to a phone should I need one or if someone needs to get hold of me urgently.

The very few people that have the number know to ring if it's a dire emergency during the day when I'm at work, if they text I'll respond when I'm on my lunchbreak.

I don't do social media in general (I have a profile on LinkedIn for professional purrposes but that's it)

I don't feel lost without my phone and have always stayed PAYG just because I don't use it enough to warrant a contract.

My boss on the other hand is different, if she is not typing on the keyboard she is tapping away on her personal mobile.

Message 6 of 7

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2197 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Since we have (sometimes) much free time on duty (EMS) I'm glad to be able to game, read, surf on my phone. But I can be without if I want to.

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 7 of 7