Did you mean: 

Are you a Tablet user?

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

With growing demand and use of tablets, many analysts are predicting the sales of tablets to double this year (especially 7"inch). Key players in the market include: Amazon Kindle Fire HD, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and the latest Apple iPad mini.

Here's a blog from Ben Doud, our business director who shows how tablets are saving time, money and paper in the O2 boardroom.

tablets

Have you got a Tablet? If yes, what's your experience like? What screen size do you prefer and what do you use it for?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Thanks for this thread!  I have an iPad 2 and use it mainly for watching video whilst travelling, email, social media etc.  But I would love to use it more and wonder what apps people use and what other ways they use tablets for.

Samsung S8
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Nexus 7 gets used for everything, esp when I can't be bothered to get the lappy out wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Pickles, it's a big hit for the commuters - if you travel regularly or on a daily basis, tablets are ideal for the watching videos/ short clips, normal browsing, and making notes, etc...

I bought my mum an Apple iPad 2 a couple of months ago, purely because she loves angry birds on a bigger screen Smiley Very Happy

MI5, *I can't be bothered to get the lappy out* - sometimes I get that feeling too and I personally think that tablets could wipe off the laptop market in future.

Abs

Message 4 of 9

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I have the iPad 2 I love it just the lack of flash support makes my desktop/laptop a must for majority of uses.

However cannot beat angry birds on a big screen:) short of maybe Apple TV allowing it

•dreams of 46" angry birds•
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 9

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:

However cannot beat angry birds on a big screen:) short of maybe Apple TV allowing it

•dreams of 46" angry birds•

That'd be awesome man - bought a 40" LED just last week wink

Message 6 of 9

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I cannot find a legal way to do it yet:( I hope too see it soon though:) some amazing multiplayer games on the iPad as well would look great on TV:)

I believe you are correct tablets will do an awful lot of damage to the laptop market. I think the next gen or two will provide powerhouses capable of competing with the average laptop:(

Not sure how far you can push a tablet hardware before space is an issue.

However AMD new trinity cores have very capable CPU/GPU built into the chip. If they stay afloat long enough I think they'll be the end of the laptop market.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 9

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Blackberry Playbook because it was cheap and still is for 64GB with plenty of functionality. With docs-to-go, it seriously questions why I need to get WinPho 8 with the built-in office apps. Really coming into its own lately as I'm travelling a lot and hotel TV's are pretty poor (especially when they lock out the hdmi functionality!!!). Should I mention it outputs to hdmi and the Blackberry bridge is utterly brilliant using the BB as remote control over BT.

Though I still think that any tablet needs to have a stylus in a similar vein to the Samsung Note 10.1 to interact properly. I'm waiting for the MS Surface Pro which is ticking all the right boxes and has built in stylus support. Put another way, OneNote is a killer app with a stylus.

Message 8 of 9

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I play angry birds on my large tv through apple airplay On tablet and iPhone.

im still not great at it, but god it's great on big tv and surround sound being on sends shivers to neighbours with sounds lol.

i wouldn't however be with out my ipad, my mum who is 71 loves it as its easy to use.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 9 of 9