Did you mean: 

Apple’s ‘darkest day’

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

My heart is bleeding LOL 

Shares of Apple Inc. tanked Thursday, after the technology giant’s revenue warning triggered an avalanche of price target cuts by Wall Street analysts.

Half of the 41 analysts surveyed by FactSet cut their targets, some by as much as $100.

That knocked the average target down by about 13% to $187.03, from $215.91 on Monday, marking the lowest average target since it ended October 2017 at $179.32. The average rating remained at the equivalent of buy, as the new target was about 32% above current prices. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/apple-stock-sinks-as-wall-street-cuts-target-to-14-month-low-after...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Dont forget they only have $285Billion Dollars cash in the bank... so dont feel too bad for them....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 11 of 23

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well personally I've no sympathy for them. It couldn't happen to a better company.

Maybe, just maybe the sheep are waking up. Hallelujah Bouncy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

Well personally I've no sympathy for them. It couldn't happen to a better company.

No, they will still bring their sleeping bags and 'hard earned cash' to camp out ready for the opening of the store on the next release day....rolling_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 23

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10656 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

No, they will still bring their sleeping bags and 'hard earned cash' to camp out ready for the opening of the store on the next release day....rolling_eyes

Too right ~ over-rated and over pricedinnocent

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 14 of 23

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

Numpties!!

I can understand love of a brand, after all I love Samsung. But I don't rush out and buy a new phone every time Samsung release one. I can't afford it for one thing and, more importantly, I don't need to have the latest phone. Just one tthat works with no major faults. I'll probably be getting a new phone in 3 months. But because I need one after 2 years of heavy use on my S8+, not because I want to impress my friends. They could care less what phone I have.

Message 15 of 23

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

I do feel Trump had fingers in this one also, upsetting businesses overseas!

Message 16 of 23

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@dgilbert2 wrote:

I do feel Trump had fingers in this one also, upsetting businesses overseas!

Well Trump sticks his fat body into everything else so nothing would surprise me joy

Message 17 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Steve Jobs was, without doubt, a superb salesman which is how he managed to turn Apple around and make it appear to be the electronics equivalent of one of the prestige car brands.

The products are well built, but the guts of them are increasingly underpowered for the prices they are asking compared to what the competition are offering as others have said.

Tim Cook has been trying to increase the margin to keep Apple growing which is of course what every business tries to do so has been looking at the compeition and probably thinking 'if people will pay $1000+ for a Samsung we can charge the same for an iPhone as we have a loyal following that upgrades every year even though the changes are slight'

The problem is though, Apple's competitors manufacture everything from TVs, kitchen appliances and excavators through to mobile and fixed networking equipment so can easily afford to take a gamble on new products by cross subsidising divisions, if an Apple product doesn't succeed, it takes a major hit financially which is no doubt why they are trying to get into music streaming services to generate a regular income.

While they do have some cloud based productivity services they are small potatoes compared to Google, Amazon and Microsoft.

I think Apple are going to find themselves on the ropes again if they don't try to go after the competition aggresively but this time there won't be anyone to save them.

Maybe they'll exit hardware like Blackberry but then again the thing they've always traded on is the 'superior performance' because they design the hardware and software.

Message 18 of 23

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

It wouldn't surprise me if Tim Cook was ousted as CEO in the next year. He's taken Apple backwards with the "decreasing margins so increase pricing" mantra without actually offering anything outstanding given the manufacturing improvements. I'm all for one for incremental releases but the market has moved considerably for people to realise the money being asked for does not relate to what is being sold to them by Apple.

Removing items like the headphone jack on iphone/ipad because its what they want to is just downright ignorant of what customers need and want now. The USB-C and lack of ordinary USB ports is just a stupid design decision and ignores that customers want some compatibility with expensive kits already purchased for the money. 

Don't think its going to be get any cheaper as they've got their new chip line coming in which is going to be a big shift in all products and one that may drive more customers away if there isn't a high degree of backwards compatibility. 

Message 19 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
The difference in apple with jobs/cook is like night and day.
Jobs regularly lost his nut if even the smallest thing wasn't perfect, "we don't ship junk" reports of him throwing iPod prototypes in water and screaming at engineers that every bubble is wasted space.
With cook we've seen 2 devices that either bend easily or come bent out the box, jobs would not have said "it's normal"
Message 20 of 23